Chapter 16

As PetalPaw woke up, she saw that her vision had cleared and noticed IceFlower and LeafPool talking to the other medicine cats. They were discussing how StarClan had been silent lately, and everyone seemed to be worried about it. DarkRose, the WindClan medicine cat, and RedPaw agreed with a nod, "PetalPaw was the only one who had been able to communicate with StarClan so far" She said and SilverShadow and SilentWing were confused about who RedPaw was referring to. IceFlower pointed towards PetalPaw, and when she realized that the young cat was awake, she rushed over to her. She asked PetalPaw, " Did you receive any news from Starclan?" and PetalPaw nodded in response, " I did!" She said smiling and RedPaw and SilentWing looked at the apprentice expectantly, waiting for her to give them the news they had been waiting for. "What did they say?" they asked her, their voices filled with curiosity and excitement.

The medicine cat looked at them with a serious expression on her face. "I'm not sure if I can tell you," she said, frowning. 

"We are medicine cats, of course, you can tell us! You need to tell us!" DarkRose snapped, growing impatient. Her tail lashed back and forth with agitation.

IceFlower glared at DarkRose, silently willing her to calm down. "DarkRose, calm down," she said softly, trying to defuse the situation.

But DarkRose was having none of it. She hissed at both of them and stalked off, her fur bristling with anger. "Fine, I'll find out for myself," she muttered under her breath as she disappeared into the shadows.

"DarkRose-" SilentWing began, but broke off after realizing that the she-cat had already left. He looked at IceFlower and the medicine cat, his eyes filled with concern. "What are we going to do now?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

As they stood in the clearing, IceFlower suggested that they should wait for DarkRose to calm down. The situation had been tense, and it would be best to give her some time before they left. She turned to SilentWing, who nodded in agreement. "Yes, that's a good idea. We don't want to leave her like this." With that, he turned and began walking away, followed by SilverShadow.

IceFlower then turned to the two apprentices. "PetalPaw needs her rest for training, so we should head back now." She gestured for them to follow her and began leading the way. As they walked, she explained that the full moon meeting was coming up soon, and they needed to be prepared. "We'll need to practice herb-collecting skills," she said, "so we can be ready for anything."  RedPaw nodded, eager to prove herself.

As they walked, IceFlower kept an eye out for any signs of danger. She knew that the forest could be a dangerous place, and she didn't want to take any chances. Finally, they arrived back at camp, tired but safe. IceFlower looked at the apprentices and smiled. "Good work today," she said. Then, she turned to PetalPaw, " Don't mind DarkRose, she'll get over it" and walked off followed by RedPaw, who had already wished PetalPaw a goodnight.

( Words: 518)