Chapter 11

( Chappie 11! ENJOY!)

Petalkit woke up early that morning, filled with excitement. She had been waiting for this day for as long as she could remember. Today was the day she would become an apprentice! She quickly got up and stretched before dashing out of the nursery. Outside, she saw her friends and siblings sitting on the floor, chatting with each other. Upon spotting Petalkit, they smiled and greeted her.

"Hi, guys! Are you excited?" Petalkit asked them, her tail swishing with anticipation.

"I'm so excited!" Berrykit exclaimed, bouncing up and down.

"Me too!" Whitekit said, grinning from ear to ear.

"I can't wait to become a medicine cat apprentice!" said Redkit, who was bouncing with even more excitement than Berrykit.

"The ceremony is starting soon, kits!" Blossomflight, one of the queens, called out. "Cinamontail, get your lazy tail out of the nursery!"

"I'm coming! And I'm not lazy!" Cinamontail grumbled as she emerged from the den. "Tigerkit, Redkit, and Brackenkit come here and let me smooth out your fur."

Petalkit watched as Cinamontail groomed her friends her heart fluttering with anticipation. She couldn't believe that she would soon be joining them as an apprentice.

"Petalkit, Whitekit, Hawkpaw, and Berrypaw, get ready!" Blossomflight told her kits.

Petalkit quickly groomed herself, making sure she looked her best. She knew that the ceremony was an important event, and she wanted to make a good impression.

Once Blossomflight and Cinamontail had finished grooming all the kits, Twigstar, the leader of Thunderclan, called for a clan meeting. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, and kits who are becoming apprentices, gather around the high ledge for a clan meeting!" she yowled into the clearing.

Petalkit ran over with Tigerkit and Berrypaw, her heart pounding with excitement. She couldn't believe that the day had finally come.

"First up is Tigerkit!" Twigstar announced once all the cats had gathered around the high ledge. "Tigerkit, will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?" Twigstar asked for the kit.

"Yes!" Tigerkit replied excitedly, his eyes shining with determination.

"Good! Now please join me up here with your new name, Tigerpaw!" she announced, and Tigerpaw ran up to where Twigstar was standing and quietly thanked her. "Tigerpaw! Tigerpaw!" Petalkit chanted with the rest of Thunderclan. "Tigerpaw, your new mentor shall be Snowberry!" Twigstar said, looking at the warrior.

"Oh yay!" Tigerpaw said as he rushed down to touch noses with his new mentor. "I'm sure you will be a great apprentice!" Snowberry said to her new apprentice, her eyes sparkling with pride.

"Alright, next up is Redkit!" Twigstar continued. "Redkit, I have been told that you want to follow the path of the medicine cat apprentice?"

"Yes, that's true!" Redkit replied, a look of determination on her face.

"Then I give you the name Redpaw, and your mentor shall be Iceflower. She will guide you and tell you what rules you must follow."

"Okay!" Redpaw said and rushed over to touch noses with Iceflower. Petalkit watched as her friend became a medicine cat apprentice, feeling proud of her.

"Brackenkit, will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?" Twigstar asked.

"Yes, I will!" Brackenkit promised, his eyes shining with determination.

"Good! I grant you the name, Brackenpaw, and your mentor shall be Mallownose!" Twigstar told him.

"Brackenpaw! Brackenpaw!" Thunderclan chanted as Brackenpaw rushed down to touch noses with Mallownose. Petalkit watched as her friend became an apprentice, feeling a mix of happiness and envy.

"Whitekit!" Twigstar called. "Will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?"

"Yes, I will!" Whitekit answered, her eyes shining with determination.

"Good. Your new name will be Whitepaw, and your mentor will be Dewleaf!" She finished, and Whitepaw rushed over to touch noses with him. "Whitepaw! Whitepaw!" The Thunderclan cats chanted, their voices echoing throughout the clearing.

"Hawkpaw! Will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?" Twigstar asked him.

"Yup!" Hawk'kit said, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Very well then! Your new name is Hawkpaw, and your mentor shall be Fern'nose!" Twigstar announced, and once again, the new apprentice touched noses with their mentor.

"Berrykit! Will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?" Twigstar asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Of course!" Berrykit agreed, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Great, your new name is Berrypaw, and your mentor is Frostflame. Congratulations!" She said, her voice filled with pride.

"Oh yay!" Berrypaw said as she hopped down to meet her mentor, her tail twitching with excitement.

"Finally, Petalkit!" Petalkit ran up to the high ledge and gazed at the leader, her heart pounding with excitement.

"Will you train hard as an apprentice to become a warrior and follow the warrior code? Will you train hard and respect your mentor's decisions?" Twigstar asked, now sounding a bit tired.

"Yes, I will. Anything for Thunderclan!" Petalkit said, her eyes shining with determination.

"Good, you will be called Petalpaw from now on, and I shall train you!" Twigstar said, surprising Petalpaw. She couldn't believe that the leader of Thunderclan would be her mentor!

"Petalpaw! Petalpaw!" The Thunderclan cats cheered for her, and Twigstar joined in, her eyes filled with pride. Petalpaw felt a surge of happiness wash over her, knowing that she was now part of the Thunderclan family.