Chapter 3

( Hope you enjoy! ❤️) 👁️👄👁️👍

Petalkit observed as the cats who were selected to attend the meeting exited. Now, it was time to search for Redkit! Petalkit searched around the camp for her friend and eventually located her talking to Mooncreek. (If you want to see Petalkit's friends, Pinestar, Twigleap, and Iceflower, check out my OC book!) Petalkit walked up to them and Redkit met her gaze. "Oh, hi Petalkit! I was just asking Mooncreek about where to find some Catmint!" she said. "Okay, do you want to have some food with me?" Petalkit asked her. "Sure! Mooncreek, I'll come back later!" Redkit said to the older cat and started walking with Petalkit, "So, Petalkit, next moon we will become apprentices!" Redkit exclaimed. "Isn't it exciting?" Petalkit asked her friend. "Yes, it is! Tigerkit is really thrilled!" Redkit said. As Petalkit listened to her friend, her thoughts drifted off to Tigerkit, who was brave, strong, and kind. 

PetalKit slowly opened his eyes and looked around. She saw Redkit standing beside her, and asked, "Hello? Are you going to eat anything?" Petalkit heard her ask and responded eagerly, "Oh yes!" She picked up a small mouse and brought it over, placing it next to Redkit's sparrow. They gathered around the two pieces of prey, ready to indulge in the feast.

Petalkit was the first one to dig in. She tore the flesh apart with her sharp teeth and began to devour it. Redkit followed her lead and joined in, biting off chunks of flesh and swallowing them whole. The sound of their munching filled the air. Just then, Tigerkit appeared. He was drawn in by the smell of fresh prey and asked, "Hi guys, can I join you?" Redkit welcomed him with a nod, and Tigerkit sat down beside Petalkit, ready to join the feast. The four of them continued to eat, enjoying the meal together. The bones and scraps of flesh were scattered around them by the time they finished.

Petalkit had just finished her meal and decided to spend some time stargazing. She looked up at the night sky, mesmerized by the twinkling stars. As she gazed up, a thought crossed her mind - was Firestone, the deceased deputy, now among the fallen cats running around in the stars? 

Suddenly, a strange cat appeared next to her, startling her. The cat had an orange coat that resembled the colour of fire. He exclaimed, "Ah! Young warrior, hello!" but Petalkit corrected him, "Hello? Also, I'm not a warrior yet!" The cat introduced himself as Firestar, one of the leaders of Thunderclan. Petalkit couldn't believe she was talking to one of the most powerful cats from Thunderclan! Firestar told her that she had a long and challenging life ahead of her, but she had a special connection with Starclan. He assured her that she wouldn't have to become a medicine cat and that he and the other cats of Starclan would always be by her side, standing with her and her clanmates. Firestar continued, "You, my young child, are destined for greatness!" before disappearing into the moonlight. Petalkit was left in awe, wondering what he meant and what was going to happen in her future. She couldn't shake off the feeling that something big was going to happen in her life.