𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟵 - 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗦𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟵 - 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗦𝗞𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦

Even though Lynn was having no issue at all with juggling different sports in her free-time, one thing she always had a problem with was keeping tabs on all of them. She didn't bother counting how many games she played in a season, only really caring about how often they won—which was always.

Usually this wasn't an issue. It wasn't her responsibility to set up games. Her purpose was to win. This however meant that she wasn't very aware of the logistics of her games, like which players have been sick a lot or how many games they needed to win to be eligible to play in nationals.

"Now since we didn't qualify for start-ups, none of you have to come in during the break to-"

"What?!"

The coach closed her hand into a fist, already knowing what was to come. Lynn gripped the hockey stick with fervor, hardly believing her own ears. "What do you mean we didn't qualify?"

"First off all, Loud," coach Clark sighed rubbing her forehead with the tips of her fingers. "You wait until I finish talking before you ask questions."

Lynn rolled her eyes under her helmet, not caring for the stern talking to she was receiving.

"And secondly, how many players do you see around you?"

Other than Lynn, the only other player in the rink was Melissa, and to be honest, she wasn't exactly the best player on the team... or even remotely good. Lynn looked around in confusion.

"Oh," she said when she realized she was one of the few who were there. "Where is everyone?"

The coach looked absolutely done with her job. 

"Zoe got the flu, Melissa broke her arm, Franny has a concussion, and everyone else is either occupied or are still suffering from food poison thanks to the chili festival last month," she counted each player off on her fingers.

Lynn blinked slowly but quickly shook her head. "Okay," she started, dragging out the syllables. "What does that have to do with us not qualifying?"

The coach almost threw her clipboard on to the ice. "How do you expect us to play when 90% of my players are gone? We haven't had a game in weeks, and the only way to get into the championship is if we win 6 games this season!" she explained, throwing her hands in the air.