𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳 - 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗣𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗘

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳 - 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗣𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗘

Lynn's mechanical arm movements stopped writing as soon as the bell rang. Mr Anderson, who was the teacher supervising detention, barely managed to get a word in before Lynn was out of the classroom.

It was Friday, two days before her championship, and she needed all the training she could get. Normally, she would've had practice with her team right after school, but because of detention, she missed her final chance at some last minute training. This would, however, not stop Lynn Loud from playing as much ball as she could.

The school gym was available to all students in sports clubs until 6:00. Normally it was empty, because nobody really felt the need to get in more practice outside of the three extra hours a week spent in after-school training. Before games, some people would show up, but considering that everyone in the basketball team already had practice today, Lynn expected it to be empty.

And it was.

The jock didn't even bother changing into her basketball clothes before she started doing some warm-ups. She normally wore sport attire to school anyway, so dribbling the ball around in sweatpants and a football jersey wasn't really affecting her playing negatively. Changing was just going to take more time, and she was not about to waste 10 minutes of her already precious 60 minutes of training.

Whenever Lynn was on the court, it was like she unlocked an extra sense she wasn't aware she had. Every throw, dribble, and movement was perfectly calculated and planned. It was like the ball was a part of her—a muscle she had full control over, an extension of herself she could manipulate. 

For a while, the sounds of her sneakers screeching when she ran and the repeated bouncing of the basketball were the only noise you could hear. It was peaceful in a sense. That Lynn was able to be in her zone, doing what she loved doing without any disturbances. It was rare that she found an opportunity to do this. Don't get her wrong, she loved her team, but sometimes it felt like she was wasting time whenever she trained with them. Not to be cocky or arrogant or anything, but Lynn was after all the best player in her team. It wasn't like she was so good that they weren't competition to her, it's just that when you practice in a team setting, there's a lot less focus on you as an individual. Every one has their weaknesses, it's just that Lynn happened to have less. Whenever coach spent time helping the other's improve on their faults, Lynn felt like she was just practicing something she already perfected. Practicing in private like this was the only way to lessen her own setbacks.