𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟳 - 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗗𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟳 - 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗗𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

"-Throw on your uniform, we'll do a little pitch, catch, slide, hit, bunt- all the classics! We'll even teach them how to spit little sunflower seeds. Pftta-pftta-tta-ttaa" Lynn Sr pretended to fire seeds out of his mouth and smiled, leaning against the girl's doorframe. He pointed to her with his gloved hand. "What d'you say? Just me and my number-one girl."

"I've got a soccer tournament, Pops. No can do," Lynn turned him down. She spun the soccer ball on the tip of her fingers and turned her back on her dad,  waiting for him to leave.

"Oh," he said, disappointed. "Well, do you know if-" he joyfully suggested the thug's name, causing Lynn to drop the ball suddenly. "-can? I figured since you two are always practicing together she might-"

"She's busy!" Lynn exclaimed while turning around, cutting her father off abruptly. He sweat dropped for a second, staring bewildered at his daughter.

Lynn cleared her throat. "Uh. Maybe try asking Luan."

She slowly turned back around and picked up the ball, back frigid and shoulders squared. In silence, she carried on with messing with the ball, hoping her father would back up. He did so slowly, hoping not to tick her off again.

The second the door shut Lynn ran to pick up her discarded water bottle. Holding it above her head, she haphazardly squeezed as much water as she could into her mouth and, subsequently, all over her shirt, face, and floor.

Lynn was a mess, plain and simple. She had tried her best to keep her crush and feelings under wraps, but it was undeniable that her attraction was growing exponentially. She spent every waking moment practicing and practicing all kinds of sports, just because she knew the second she wasn't her thoughts would travel elsewhere. But it definitely didn't help that her parents and siblings constantly had to bring the other girl up in conversation. Seriously, since when were they so invested in her friends' lives?

Actually, scratch that. They didn't care about her other friends; they only ever spoke about her.

Honestly, if Lynn had to hear one more thing about Lana wanting to start boxing or Luan considering asking the thug to be her comedy assistant, she was going to lose it. Regardless of how the thought of her siblings and her crush being friends made her feel.

...

She squirted more water into her mouth, drops of water splashing all over the room.