𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴 - 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗣𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴 - 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗣𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

Lynn was quiet during dinner. Not that that really mattered though, her sisters managed to keep the mealtime as noisy as ever. She enjoyed her lasagna, taking large bites of it and cutting off even larger chunks before she's even managed to swallow. 

She wasn't really paying any attention to whatever her siblings were talking about. She didn't even notice the mischievous glances she got from Luan, which she would certainly come to regret in just a moment.

"Luan," her father started, ready to move on from whatever terrifying otherworldly topic Lucy was just on. "Anything new with the comedy business lately?"

Luan took her eyes off of Lynn Jr before answering. Somehow, the jock still didn't feel completely off the hook yet. 

"No, not really anything new yet," she answered, but with the way she said it, everyone could tell she had more to say. "Me and Mr. Coconuts were practicing a knock-knock joke routine, but I had to stop when Lynn and her new friend showed up."

And there it was.

The thing Lynn should've been worried about.

The bombshell that would ruin her dinner.

All 24 eyes, including Mr. Coconuts and excluding Lily, turned toward her. Lynn sighed loudly and dropped her fork onto her plate, ready to fight her way through yet another family dinner.

It was silent. Everyone was waiting for someone to talk, and that person was none other than Lynn. 

Lynn Sr, that is.

"Ah, Lynn," he pointed his fork at her as he addressed her. "a new friend, huh? Why didn't you invite her in? I'm sure she would've loved my world famous Lynn-sagna!" he exclaimed, unaware of his daughter's growing unease. 

She swallowed the bit of food in her mouth and sat in silence, looking around as if she were about to speak. She opened her mouth, ready to say something-

-and took a sip from her water instead.

At this point, her sisters looked tired of it, but they still waited for her response.

After gulping down her entire glass, she cleared her throat.

And was immediately interrupted.

"It was-" Luan told everyone the person's name, which caused a few to drop their jaws. "-She walked her home from school today!"