𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

★ ꜱʟᴀᴘꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ ★

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 - 𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗟

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 - 𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗟

NOTE: The prologue was written a while ago and has a pretty different writing style compared to the actual chapters. Don't get pushed away if you think the writing is unbearable, give an actual chapter a try. Might rewrite if I feel like it, but for now you just need to get the gist of it.

The first day of third grade isn't really the most memorable day in a person's life, but to 8-year old Lynn Loud Jr it was the end of the world. 

Having recently switched school's due to Lynn having issues with some of her peers, she was determined to build a better school reputation now that she's gotten a second chance. This time, she wouldn't be the shy kid who was easy to pick on again. She would be the confident one, the cool and tough one.

Despite her ambitions, she still felt a bit uneasy and anxious about this whole thing, so she decided to wait a bit with displaying her new persona. For now, she just wanted to have a calm and easy first day. This is why, when she walked into the classroom and looked over the available empty seats, she beelined her way to the back of the classroom to the spot furthest away from the door by the corner. This way, she would be able to take in all the new information about the school and upcoming semester without being nervous about somebody attempting to talk to her just yet.

As the classroom filled in with more and more students, most of the kids sat a few seats away from her due to wanting to get seats further forward in the room. Although she hoped that the three seats surrounding her corner spot would be empty, she understood that every chair in the classroom would probably end up getting used once all the kids arrived. After all, it would be kind of unnecessary to have more chairs than there are students in the class. She just prayed that the people who would eventually take the chairs around her miraculously ended up not showing up today.

Lynn was, however, not known for her luck, since after just a few minutes of people coming in, someone decided to plop down their lunchbox and take a seat right at the desk directly to the left of her. Silently cursing, she glanced to the side to peek a look at the intruding person, only to make eye contact with a girl wearing a red baseball jersey. The girl had a huge smile tugging at her lips along with an abundance of freckles sprinkled across her face. Other than the jersey, the girl was also wearing white sports shorts and some pretty busted up crocs.

"HI!" the girl exclaimed while jutting her hand out as far as possible so that Lynn could shake it.