Chapter 17

Selaena woke. The curtains were drawn and the sunlight filled the room. She sat up slowly and sighed, her head in her hands.

Yesterday was...terrible.

Selaena got up and went straight to the bathroom. She took off her clothes and drenched herself in the cold water in the shower. She sighed again.

---------------------------------------------

Ayanami did not turn up at the table for breakfast. Selaena sat in silence with the rest of the begleiters. Haruse made an attempt to lighten the mood but failed. Hyuuga didn't eat and Kuroyori stared down at her cake.

Selaena played with the food on her plate. No appetite at all.

Everybody must have heard about the incident as the canteen was quieter than usual.

Selaena slammed her cutlery down onto her plate and left. She ran all the way back to her room and plomped down on her bed.

Drip...drip...drip.

Her teardrops sank into the white bedsheets.

---------------------------------------------

Ayanami was in his office, sitting in his chair. He was facing the window that overlooked the Barsburg Military. His mind was blank.

He was feeling extremely guilty. He had yelled at Selaena yesterday, instilled fear into her. Her face showed that she was absolutely terrified. She had to witness that terrifying side of him. Haruse, Kuroyori and Hyuuga too.

He got up from his seat and walked around. Should he go to her room to apologise? He didn't even eat breakfast and now he was hungry. His stomach growled.

He sighed and decided to go to the canteen to grab a burger. Yes, burgers for breakfast.

He walked slowly along the hallways, his hands behind his back. He promised himself he would go to her room to apologise, provided she was there. Where else could she be?

Maybe the courtyard, maybe the huge balcony again? He prayed that Frau wouldn't come at hunt her again. Such a persistant man.

---------------------------------------------

Ayanami was standing outside Selaena's door. He was about to knock but he hesitated and his hand went back to his side.

He sighed and opened the door. He walked into the living room. No one.

He turned to the bedroom and opened the door and saw Selaena. She was lying face-down on the bed. Ayanami panicked and ran to her. Had something happened?

Ayanami ran over to Selaena and turned her around. He saw her face streaked with tears. What?

"Ayanami... What are you..." she mumbled.

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Oh, nothing. Really I'm fine."

Selaena sat up on the bed only to be pushed back down by Ayanami. She was lying on her back now, Ayanami on top of her, holding her down. His purple eyes seemed to be gazing right into her soul.

"No, you're not fine. Was it yesterday? I'm sorry you ha-"

His sentence was broken off by Selaena's eyes brimming with tears.

"I got you angry yesterday... I'm sorry."

"So that's what you were crying over? Aw man."

Ayanami bent down and kissed Selaena on the lips. She cupped his face and brought him closer. Ayanami wrapped her legs around him and lifted her up.

Anddddd...the door banged open again. :D

"Selaena-sama! Where are youuuuu?"

Ayanami flinched and dropped Selaena, who yelped.

"Don't just drop me like that!"

"Ah...sorry. I was err..." Ayanami muttered and helped her up.

Hyuuga burst open the doors of the bedroom and he grinned.

"Hyuuga... Please please learn how to knock the door... This is the third time..." Ayanami face palmed.

Retrieve, a 07 Ghost Fanfiction EDITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara