Chapter 1: Faint

Victoria awoke to find herself strapped onto a cold metal table. She saw a glass dome over her, covering the entire area she was in. She shifted her head and caught sight of the researchers fiddling with their computers and such. Ayanami, the Chief of Staff, stood at one of the steps watching her intently. What a creep.

She sighed and relaxed, trying to recall the last thing she remembered. She had been running down the streets of her home town, for the Barsburg military were hot on her tail, trying to capture her. She held both the Eye of Mikhail and the Eye of Raphael, something that could revive Veloren. She didn't even know of the fact that she possessed it until the military came to find her, which made her run for her life.

Escaping didn't work of course, for she was lying in this lab.

She noticed her whole entire body was covered and connected to different tubes of different width, probably to help brainwash her and summon Mikhail and Raphael out.

She also noticed she was dressed in a light green hospital gown. Gross.

She laid her head back against the metal table, looking away from Ayanami. He wore the Barsburg military hat on his head and the uniform befitting him of his position. His hair was strangely white...or silver, and had amazing purple eyes. He was pretty good-looking, no lie there.

Victoria heard that a great many girls had flocked to him, hoping to catch his attention. No one succeeded. There were rumours Ayanami was devoted to this one girl, but no one ever heard or seen of her. How tragic.

Unfortunately, he was the bad guy. Barsburg was hell bent on the idea of world domination for god knows why. She was going to be used for this very purpose. No way in hell.

"Start the process," Ayanami commanded, authority clear in his voice.

She watched one of the researchers press a button and do some typing. The ground vibrated and she heard the machines start and whir. Her hands started to burn and she screamed, the heat spreading. She seemed to be drifting to sleep as well.

Victoria blinked rapidly and fidgeted on the table, trying to keep herself awake but to no avail. She prayed Frau and the others would arrive soon to help her, if not it would be too late. Barsburg would have completed step 1.

She held on to her consciousness, staring in defiance at Ayanami and blinking at times. She smirked in triumph when she saw the confused look on the researchers. Ayanami kept his same cold blank look, as if there was a shield blocking his emotions.

Suddenly, Victoria caught sight of a faint smile on his face, before he turned to the researcher and mumbled something.

Crap.

The machines whirred even louder, the ground shaking more. Victoria shrieked more as the heat that started from her hands grew. Her hands burned like it was on fire. Her consciousness was slipping. Victoria tightened her fists, digging her nails into her palms, using the pain to keep her awake.

She couldn't hold on any longer. She finally closed her eyes and gave in. Immediately, she felt a thousand times better. The burn in her hands lessened and the pain decreased. Mikhail or maybe Raphael was going to come out soon. Hopefully they wouldn't agree with Barsburg's plans.

Victoria drifted off to sleep. Before she had closed her eyes, she spotted Ayanami with again, a faint smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.