Chapter 15

~a little while back before Zehel found the room~

Selaena ran. Probably in circles, but who cares. As long as she was far away from Zehel that was fine. She tried to get back to her room but she couldn't recognise the familiar brown door anywhere.

She passed a group of students and paused. The bunch stared at her.

"Why, isn't it the lovely young lady Selaena?"

"Up close, you are strikingly beautiful!"

"It's an honor to see you."

Selaena cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Do you know how to get to room 444?" she asked.

"Ah, turn left there," the guy pointed, "and just walk straight down until you see the room you're looking for."

Selaena thanked them and waved goodbye. She turned back abruptly.

"If a ghost asks you where I am, please tell him that you guys didn't see me okay?" Selaena winked at them.

The boys practically fainted right there. Selaena giggled and ran off.

~At the balcony~

Ayanami put his sword away and sighed. They had a peaceful week and he had to suddenly come back again!

'Hyuuga, go to Selaena's room and guard her. Kuroyori and Haruse, stay on guard around the area,' Ayanami gave his orders silently in his head.

He turned around to face Mikage.

"How is it possible that every time she get's into trouble, you're there with her?"

"I don't know sir. Must be a coincidence," Mikage replied politely. He could see Ayanami becoming quite annoyed.

'What did I do wrong?' Mikage asked himself.

The Chief of Staff's face softened and he walked back into the building. He seemed calm on the outside but he wa panicking inside. He quickened his pace. If Zehel were as to pluck a strand of her hair, he would chop him in half.

He clicked his tongue and ran in the direction of Selaena's room.

A/N: sorry if the time frame is a bit messy hereeee