Chapter 4: Gone Gone Gone

Zehel watched as Victoria's body went limp in Ayanami's arms. What the hell just happened?

Ayanami smiled, genuinely, Zehel had never seen him smile like this. He didn't know Ayanami was even capable of it. He watched as Ayanami carefully laid her down on the ground, before grinning at me.

"What happened?" Zehel hissed. Profe stepped forward to hold him back but Zehel shrugged him off, shooting him a warning look.

"Hush, she's coming," Ayanami whispered, his eyes never leaving Victoria. Frau very much wanted to tear his eyeballs out for staring at her like that.

True enough, Victoria's hair started to turn turquoise, and had become slightly curlier. Her hair looked so much healthier than before. Her skin colour had changed slightly too, just a few shades darker but still light.

Zehel had never been this confused in his life.

Her eyes fluttered open, and Zehel saw that her eyes were now emerald green, the blue now gone.

She sucked in a breath, and her eyes trailed upwards to look at Ayanami, who was holding her in his arms like a baby.

"....Ayanami?" she whispered, voice cracking and tears spilling from her eyes.

What? Zehel looked on in confusion as Victoria cried over Ayanami. Anger built in him slowly and Profe seemed to sense it, for he quickly grabbed Zehel's arm.

"Don't do anything rash," Profe whispered harshly to Zehel.

Zehel took no heed of Profe's words, struggled out of his hold and pointed his scythe at Ayanami's throat.

"What have you done?"

Victoria stopped crying immediately upon Zehel's actions. Her eyes went wide and she hastily stood up, pushing the blade of the scythe away with her bare hands, "what the hell are you doing!"

Zehel's hold on his scythe slackened, "what the hell are you doing?!"

"Don't point your blade at him! How dare you!" she hissed.

Ayanami grinned and stood up, his hand snaking around Victoria's waist. Zehel had to control himself from slicing his hand off immediately.

"Victoria, come on. What are you doing?" he stared at her, pleading with his eyes, hoping his suspicions wasn't true.

Victoria stared at him like he was mental, "who's Victoria? My name is Selaena."

The scythe dropped from Zehel's hands and disappeared into thin air. The shock was too much. Where in the hell had Victoria gone? What did Ayanami do to her?

"You...what? Selaena? Where in the hell..." Zehel trailed off.

The Ghosts were equally confused, but crowded around Zehel lest he lost control of his sanity with the lost of Victoria.

Selaena glared daggers at Zehel and Ayanami smirked.

His love was back.