Chapter 11: Hungry...

She was in the sky, her hair billowing out behind her as she travelled from the 7th District to the 1st. She was already beginning to feel weak as she used her strength to fly. Right now, she was fighting against gravity by using magic and spells, she wondered if flying would be less strenuous if she bore a pair of wings.

She turned back to glance at the church. No one was following her. Puzzling but good. She turned back and concentrated on the flying, praying she would last til she reached the fort.

Honestly, it was a great day to fly. The sky was clear, clouds absent and she could see the many buildings down below. Unfortunately, she wasn't in the best state.

She was nearing the headquarters when she faltered, the magic disappearing and she fell. Selaena panicked and mumbled the spell again, and she stopped falling in mid air. She clearly wasn't going to make it.

She spotted a balcony, near to the canteen and she almost cried with relief. She was using every ounce of her strength just to keep herself from falling.

She flew quickly and started to glide down to the balcony, the air resistance helping her. Finally, she hit the ground of the balcony.

Her shoulder stung from the impact and she lay down, panting and sweating profusely. Selaena closed her eyes, trying to get some rest before finding Ayanami.

She suddenly heard a group of voices getting louder and louder, along with the thumping of footsteps.

"Selaena! Selaena, what the hell happened?" a familiar voice came.

At the sound of her name, Selaena opened her eyes briefly but her vision was blurred. She recognised the voice as Michael though. There were other people with him a well.

"Bring...to Ayanami..." she mumbled, her eyes closing again.

She felt strong hands lift her up, and her head rested against Michael's chest. Oh, Ayanami was going to kill him later alright.

She heard Michael say something to his group of friends before he sped off with her in his arms, towards Ayanami's office.

It was about a few minutes later when Selaena felt Michael pause and then heard a loud bang.

"What are you-" she heard. The sound of Ayanami's voice already put her at ease.

"Sir! I found her at the balcony near the canteen."

She sensed Ayanami move towards her, due to the scent of his familiar perfume. The hands she knew so well took her from Michael, and she was now resting in Ayanami's arms.

"Well done, Michael. You will be rewarded," he said.

She heard some more footsteps, and then they were gone.

Selaena finally gave in to the sleep that her body needed so badly, falling into the soothing darkness.

...

When she woke, she shot up from the bed. Her head started to pound from the sudden action and she winced. Once the pain subsided, she inspected the room she was in. It was simple, wooden walls and floorboards and a bed with a table beside.

Selaena shifted, sliding off the bed. Her legs were still a little unstable and she walked awkwardly towards the wooden door. Turning the knob, she found herself in Ayanami's office. Huh.

A figure appeared from the side and Selaena wobbled over to him. He merely stretched out one arm and Selaena buried herself in his arms, inhaling his scent.

"Guess I'll have to call Hyuuga and Konatsu back now," he mumbled.

Selaena leaned back and stared into his eyes, they were still cold and shielded. "You sent them to find me?" she asked.

"Yea. I panicked."

"Well, I saved myself and here I am now."

He gazed a little longer before raising his head to look behind her, "you need more rest. You can't even stand properly."

"I've rested enough, I think I need food though," she frowned.

"Food it is then."