Chapter 3: Hijack

Zehel turned back to face Ayanami, and raised his scythe in his direction, "you will release her immediately. We will not allow Veloren to awaken."

Not the only reason. Frau, Zehel, had fallen in love with her quite awhile ago. He had sworn to never let her go and protect her til the end. He was also the first one to discover that she bore both Eyes.

Victoria blushed slightly at the thought. Wrong time to think of this.

Ayanami laughed as he stared at Zehel, "you can continue to dream on if you think I'm going to let her go so easily, Zehel."

"Oh yea?" Zehel challenged and then lunged for Ayanami. The researchers fled as the two fought.

Ayanami had whipped out his sword, using his weapon to defend himself against Zehel. Weapons clashed and sparks flew. They travelled across the room from corner to corner at a great speed.

Profe tapped Victoria's arm, urging her towards the exit of the dome. It was a glass door and Relikt was already there waiting for her.

She slid off the table quickly, cursing her horrible outfit before making her way quickly to the exit of the dome. Profe followed behind.

Just when she reached the open door, Profe was thrown back against the other side of the dome and Relikt was thrown to the other corner of the room. Ayanami had hit them as he passed by them. Victoria heard Zehel curse.

She turned around rapidly to hide in the safety of the dome, but Ayanami caught her by her left arm, dragging her along with him as he flew across the room.

"Get your bloody hands off my girl," Zehel yelled as he raised his scythe to cut the arm Ayanami used to grab Victoria.

Victoria saw some sort of emotion flash in Ayanami's eyes before he turned to avoid Zehel's attack. The blade missed her and his arm by just an inch.

Did he just protect her?

She had no time to think, she was released and she hit the wall of the lab. She slumped down to the ground, holding her head in her hand. Ayanami was standing in front of her, extremely defensive.

She noticed there was something strange about him.

Zehel landed in front of him and waves of anger could be felt from him. Ayanami maintained his position and pointed his sword towards Zehel, pushing him away from himself.

"Get. Out. Of my way," Zehel hissed and swung his scythe.

He misjudged the swing, and it was about to hit Victoria. Ayanami quickly stepped to the side and took the blow, a large gash appeared on his chest and he began to heave.

Victoria looked up at him in shock. The second time he protected her. What the hell? Did he protect her because he needed to revive himself as Veloren or...

The other Ghosts began to gather round both Ayanami and Victoria. She was still on the ground, slightly dazed because of what he did and the impact of hitting the wall.

"Move," Zehel growled.

"Hell no you son of a bitch," Ayanami quoted Mikhail and smirked.

Victoria watched as Zehel had to force every bone in his body not to attack him. Victoria began to stand and then Ayanami grabbed her again, hoisting her up forcefully.

"You won't be reviving Veloren, give it up," Ea hissed.

"Who said I was going to do that?" Ayanami smiled coldly.

What?

Zehel looked confused and his stance wavered, "what the hell do you mean?"

"I want her for other reasons."

"What exactly?" Relikt cackled.

"She is the reincarnation of my girl."

Zehel growled loudly at the phrase, "Bullshit."

"Oh yea?" Ayanami smirked before dragging Victoria to the front. The Ghosts stiffened and held their stance and Zehel cursed him for using her as his shield.

"Watch this, Zehel," Ayanami said before bending down to whisper a single word in Victoria's ear.

"Selaena."

Victoria stiffened, and became still as a statue. She felt something nagging her at the back of her mind.

Then she screamed, clawing at her head. Pain ricocheted throughout her whole body.

Ayanami raised his sword to make the Ghosts back off. Zehel watched worriedly as Victoria fell to the floor.

'What the hell did you do?!" he demanded.

"Oh, you'll see."

Victoria continued wailing, as she clawed at her head to remove the pain. She saw the silhouette of a girl, her breath hitched before she lost control of her body completely.