ACL 1

The game against Man United was one which Beth didn't want to go through again, the immense amount of pain that ran through her knee was unbearable, as much as she didn't want to put pressure on her knee she didn't want to be stretchered off the pitch. Beth knew that if she did get stretchered off that Viv would worry and play one of the worst games of her life, as much as Beth needed Viv by her side, she believed that the team needed her more. 

Viv was only pitch for a few minutes and then girlfriend went down, Viv knew that Beth isn't the type of player to stay down if she isn't injured, Viv's heart was through roof watching her girlfriend getting treated, she knew that Beth wouldn't want her to go three and start fussing over her, Viv also knew that Beth wouldn't her to get subbed off but deep down she Viv knew that Beth needed her. 

The game went on and Arsenal weren't playing great, most of the team were distracted about their teammate, she was down injured and they couldn't concentrate. Viv was having a bad time, all her passes weren't great, her tackles were sloppy, you name it, Viv felt it. 

Jonas knew that Viv was going to be more concerned about her girlfriend than the game in hand. He did what he thought was best, he subbed Viv off. Viv was extremely relieved when she saw her name being put on the board, as she passed Jonas he nodded his head and Viv ran down the tunnel, showered and changed all within 10 minutes. 

Viv got outside the door of the medical room, took a deep breath and went inside. Nothing could have prepared Viv for the state Beth was in, she had been crying, her face was all ready and puffy, her hair was falling out of the bobble, she still had her kit on which was covered in mud, a knee brace on her leg. 

"Aw baby." Viv whispered sympathetically, 

"I've done my ACL, Viv, I know it." Beth whispered as tears formed in her eyes. 

"Is that what the medics have said or is that your belief?" Viv asked trying to get Beth to remain positive even if she knew the outcome. 

"They haven't said it but I just know it." Beth mumbled. 

Viv didn't know what to say, "Can I get you anything?" Viv asked

Beth sighed, "You could take me to the changing room, so I can somehow have a shower and can we cuddle on the bus?" 

"Of course." Viv smiled. 

Viv picked Beth and carried her to the changing room, when they were outside the door Beth buried her head into the crook of Viv's neck. 

"I don't want them all crowding me right now." Beth mumbled.

"I'll tell them don't worry baby." Viv whispered and kissed Beth's head. 

Viv opened the door, like Beth suspected all the girls crowded around her, Beth wanted nothing more than to tell them all to go away, but knew they were only caring about her

"Guys can we have a bit of space?" Viv asked politely. 

All the girls moved and Beth smiled at them, Viv sat her down the seat next to hers, "So do you wanna shower here or at home?" Viv asked. 

"Home." Beth answered. 

Viv helped Beth get changed into her tracksuit, the knee brace was making things harder than it needed to be, Beth found the humour in it and laughed, Viv smiled at her girlfriend hearing her laugh was something that she didn't think would happen anytime today. 

Eventually Viv was able to get Beth changed after a lot of laughter, they were finally able to board the bus. The two girls sat in the middle of the bus, Viv sat on isle seat and Beth by the window, she had her legs up on Viv, Viv used one of her hands and rubbed it up and down Beth's calf, the non-injured leg. 

Viv knew that Beth was exhausted, "Baby why don't you sleep?" Viv asked

"It's not that comfortable to be honest." Beth sighed. 

"In what way? Is there something I can do?" Viv asked

"Can we swap seats? I want to lean against you." Beth asked.

Viv nodded her head and swapped seats with Beth, Viv turned her body sideways so her back was against the window and Beth was leaning against her. Beth instantly relaxed as soon as she felt Viv's arms wrap around her waist, Viv used one of her arms and gently rubbed circles on Beth's arm and whispered sweet nothings into her ear, Beth had never felt love like this before, Viv was her rock and did everything she could do to comfort Beth, Beth was grateful for her girlfriend, through everything this passed year Viv hadn't walked away, she stood by her side through everything. 

When the bus stopped in the service station, Viv was gasping for drink, but Beth was peacefully sleeping, Viv had no intentions of waking her girlfriend, the day she had she needed the rest, as Jen walked passed Viv called her. 

"Yeah mate?" Jen smiled

"Can you get me a tea please? Take my card." Viv asked. 

Jen smiled and shook her head, "I'll get them, don't worry."

Viv was grateful to have the best teammates around, they truly were one happy family. When the girls had gotten off the bus Beth stirred slightly, Beth opened her eyes and looked around adjusting to the light. 

"Hey sleepy head." Viv smiled. 

"Viv why have we stopped?" Beth asked 

"Services, the girls have gone to get drinks." Viv smiled

"Do you want anything?" Viv asked

"I could do with a coffee." Beth smiled

"I can either get up and get one or you can phone Jen." Viv said. 

"I'll call Jen, I'm too tired to move." Beth stated.

The girls got back on the bus, Jen handed Viv and Beth their drinks, they both thanked her and she went back to to the back. Beth was getting bored of being on the bus and not being with the loud ones. 

"Viv can we go see some people. As much as I love you, which is so much, I'm bored."

Viv laughed, the two of them got up and walked slowly to the back of the bus, all the girls shuffled around so Beth was moving around, Viv and Beth sat down in the corner, Viv's hand found it's way to the Beth's thigh and rubbed circles gently, Viv was so proud of her girlfriend she's handling today like the champ she is. 

The busy finally arrived back in St Alban's the girls piled off the bus and headed to their cars, Viv drove them both home to Beth's house. When they pulled up on the drive Viv helped Beth into the house, Viv went into the kitchen and made them both something to eat and some drinks, Beth's phone rang, it was the medics with the results of Beth's tests. Beth called Viv into the living room, she placed her arm around Beth's shoulder and Beth put the phone speaker. The medic explained that Beth tore her ACL, she knew that was the case before. 

When the call ended, Viv did everything she could to comfort her, she made sure that Beth knew she would be there for her, for everything, no matter what, she would do anything for her girlfriend. It was going to be a long road ahead, but with Viv by her side, Beth knew she could do it.