ACL 2 💔

It was the game against Lyon in the Champions League, Viv was starting and Beth was in the crowd watching after just tearing her ACL, of course Beth was devastated and of course it hurt to watch her teammates, friends and girlfriend play the game she loved to play but now she was on the watching them, being the supportive friend and teammate she is.

As the game went on and Viv went down clutching her knee Beth froze, she was so scared for Viv, scared was understatement she was petrified, she was consumed by her own worries that she didn't hear Jen calling her numerous times, "Beth!" Jen shouted bringing her coming out of her trance, Beth shook herself out of her trance and made her way to the side of the pitch to greet her girlfriend who was currently on the pitch in tears clutching her knee. She got to the side of the pitch, Jen with her too as a form of comfort, when Viv came off the pitch Beth followed her into the tunnel and to the medical room, "Baby," Beth smiled sympathetically, Viv flashed her a smile, "How are you feeling?" Beth asked, "My knee hurts but other than that I'm fine." Beth sat down on the chair next to her and took Viv's hands in hers, "I'm sorry." Viv cried, "Aw baby girl, don't be sorry, this if football, accident's happen." Beth reassured while rubbing Viv's hand with her thumb, "I know that this can't be helped, but now I can't drive you home for Christmas." "Vivianne, my brother is more than capable of picking us both up, he can take you to the airport so you can spend Christmas with your family." Beth kisses Viv's hand, "I love you." Viv smiled, "I love you too baby."

The next few days were rough, waiting for Viv's results, when they had the results to say she had ruptured her ACL, Viv burst into tears, Beth wanted nothing more to comfort Viv, but she wouldn't let her for the first 24 hours. Viv felt like the world's worst girlfriend, Beth needed someone to drive her to appointments, to rehab, to her parents house, literally everywhere and now Viv couldn't do that, now they both needed help with everything, Viv felt awful, she was supposed to be supporting Beth through her injury not tearing her own ACL in the process of it.

As the days went by, Viv finally let Beth comfort her, there was hundreds of cuddles under a blanket of the sofa, watching movies and watching different movies, countless reassurance from both of them, countless I love yous. They were in their own little bubble, just the two of them, they both enjoyed the time together more than they let on.

Their teammates came over to help with things, Lotte, Katie, Caitlin, Jen and Steph came over one night, they brought Nandos, Beth and Viv felt so much love and support from the girls, they were on the verge of tears. The girls watched a movie with them, Beth and Viv were snuggled into each other, the others spread themselves out on the L shaped sofa. When the movie ended, the girls stood up and said they were making a move, "We would come to the door but," Viv gestured to their legs, "Don't be silly, we'll let ourselves out, if you need anything else, let us know." Caitlin smiled.

A few days before they were both due to leave to go on and see their families, they both became clingy, everywhere one went the other would follow, there was even more cuddles, neither of them wanted to be apart, any form of gap that was between them they would close.

One night, they were laying on the sofa, cuddling as usual, "Viv," Beth breathed shakily, "What's up princess?" Viv said softly as she tightened her grip, "Would you," Beth paused, "Would you like to spend Christmas with me and my family?" Beth asked hopefully, Viv smiled a toddler, "Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude on your Christmas." Viv asked, "Of course, you wouldn't be intruding, you're my girlfriend Vivianne, youre apart of my family." Beth reassured Viv with a smile and with that Viv cancelled her flight back home, and the couple spent Christmas together.