Awh Darling 🖤

It was the middle of the night, the rain was lashing down hard against Beth and Viv's bedroom window, the window was howling outside and overall it just wasn't a great night for Viv, she was on her period and her stomach was in agony to the point where she could barely walk, her lower back was in pain, her head was aching and she just couldn't sleep due to the level of pain she was feeling. Viv was laying in her bed, tossing and turning, as much as she didn't want to wake Beth up well it was going to happen the amount she was tossing and turning, eventually Viv turned once again and was gutted when she was her girlfriends eyes flutter open, Beth rolled onto her side to look at Viv was almost in tears, "Baby, what's going on? You're restless." Beth asked softly, as she stroked the side of Viv's face "It's okay Beth, you go back to sleep, I'll go into the living room and watch the TV or something." Viv sighed as she got up, "Viv, don't lie to me, what's wrong?" Beth said as softly as the first, "My period is here and it's bad, my stomach is killing me, my head is banging, my lower back is in so much pain." Viv cried, "Awh my darling, I'll go and get you some pain killers and a hot water bottle." Beth smiled sympathetically as she got out of bed she entered the kitchen and grabbed what she needed for Viv, then went back into the bedroom.

When Beth returned she handed Viv some tablets and some water, and then climbed into bed and waited for Viv with two hot water bottles, ready for cuddles, "Viv lay on my chest and place this hot water bottle on your tummy and then I'll place this one on your back." Beth said, Viv nodded her head and did what Beth said, this gave Viv some relief, Beth ran her hand through Viv's hair and turned off the bedside table lamp which was currently on before placing light reassuring kisses on Viv's head, "Viv if you're ever in this much pain again I want you tell me, I want to look after you and I can't do that if you don't tell me." Beth whispered into the top of Viv's hair, "I love you Beth Mead, so much." Viv whispered, "I love you more." Beth whispered into the top of Viv's hair. Viv eventually drifted off to sleep with Beth stroking her hand through Viv's hair ever so gently and the hand that was resting on Viv's back applied pressure to the hot water bottle which gave Viv more relief off her back, it was at this moment that Beth realised that this could be one of the worst periods of Viv's life, she knew that Viv wouldn't say how much pain she would be in so this next couple of days so will be fun Beth thought to herself while continuing to stroke Viv's hair and placing kisses on her forehead before drifting off to sleep.

It was three o'clock in the morning, Viv wanted nothing more than to not wake Beth up, but she was about to be sick, she flew out of her bed into the bathroom, this sudden sense of emptiness woke Beth up, she then heard retching sounds coming from their bathroom when she entered she saw Viv had thrown her head over the toilet and then Beth began holding her hair back and rubbing her back, "Let it out Viv." Viv was continuously sick for a good 10 minutes, when she finally stopped she leaned against the bath, "Aw baby girl, come here." Beth smiled as threw her arms around Viv, Viv snuggled into Beth's chest, "I'm sorry for waking you." Viv cried, "I didn't mean too." Beth rubbed her hand up and down Viv's back, "Viv, it's okay baby girl, it's what we do in a relationship, be there for each other." Beth said reassuringly, "Do you want to head back to bed?" Beth asked, "Yeah, sure." Viv smiled softly into her chest. Beth picked Viv up and wrapped her legs around Beth's waist, and her arms around her neck, Beth carried her into their bedroom and placed her down into the bed, "Beth, can you open the window for me please?" Viv asked, "Yeah okay baby." Beth smiled as she turned her back and opened the window, "Thank you." Beth climbed back into bed and repeated her actions from the previous hours, it lasted for a grand total of about ten minutes before Viv was back in the bathroom this pattern happened throughout the night.

What felt like minutes after the both of them were finally asleep, Beth's alarm went off both of them groaned, "I'll tell Jonas we won't be in today baby, you've had a rough night." Beth kissed Viv's forehead before climbing out of bed and walking into the living room and calling Jonas, "Hi Beth, what can I do for you?" He asked through the phone, "Sorry it's early, but Viv's been up all night ill, I don't know whether or not it's a bug, but we don't want to come in today give it to the girls, is that okay?" Beth said hopefully, "Awh bless her, yeah I would much rather you both take time off today and tomorrow than give the girls bugs, I kind of need a team." He laughed, Beth did too, "Thanks Jonas, appreciate it majorly." Beth said, they said their goodbyes and then hung up the phones. Beth went back into the bedroom to see Viv asleep soundly, cuddled up to the teddy that Beth had bought her when she came home from the Olympics, Beth didn't want to disturb her so she went into the living room where she was greeted by an excited Rona, "Hi baby." Beth said in a childlike voice as she made a fuss of her, Beth made her some breakfast and herself a cup of tea before heading into the living room where she watched the telly for an hour or so before Viv came downstairs.

When Viv came downstairs Beth was asleep on the sofa, her tea on the coffee table cold and Rona snuggled into her side, Viv felt so guilty that Beth was asleep down here instead of in bed and even worse because it was probably her fault because she kept waking her up, Viv went into the kitchen and made herself a cup of tea before heading into the living room, she placed her tea onto the coffee table before getting Beth a blanket, Viv sat down on the arm chair with her hot water bottle on her stomach and then read her book until Beth woke up, which wasn't long when her phone started ringing as Viv went to get up, Beth sat up and looked at her phone, "Yes Ben?" Beth asked sleepily, "You, Me, Dad, Liv and Viv movie night at our house tonight?" Ben asked, "Can I let you know later please? I've got an interview to do over zoom in like 2 minutes." Beth lied, "Yeah course." And with that Ben hung up the phone, "You don't have an interview, do you?" Viv questioned her, "No I don't but Ben wanted to know if we were up for a family movie night but I know you had a bad night last night so I didn't want to say anything without speaking to you first." Beth smiled, "How are you feeling this morning?" "Okay, my stomach is in bits, my back is still a little sore but my head has stopped hurting." Ben smiled, "Come here." Beth said as she opened her arms, Viv got up and snuggled into them, "If you want to go to your brother's we can." Viv broke the silence, "We'll see how today goes, I'll let him know by 3 at the latest." Beth smiled and Viv nodded her head and stood up and sat next door to Beth then snuggled into Beth's side, "Do you want a cup of tea and something to eat?" Beth asked, "Yes please." Viv smiled, "Okay baby girl, I will go make you one, do you want a hot water bottle?" Beth asked, "Yes please baby girl." Viv said her voice wavering, "Coming up." Beth said as she walked into the kitchen, "Thank you." Viv smiled. When Beth was in the kitchen she heard Viv getting up from the sofa and she walked into the kitchen, "I'm sorry." Viv blurted out, Beth turned around with her eyes looking sympathetic, "Viv, please don't be sorry, I get bad periods and you're literally the definition of my angel, you make feel a lot better and make me realise that it's okay and it's normal, Viv I need you to realise that it's okay and I need you to know that it's normal, I need you to know I'm not going to go anywhere, I'm here Viv, I always will be." Beth reassured her as she hugged her tightly, "I love you Beth, so much." Viv smiled, "I love you more Vivianne Miedema, more than you'll ever know."

Beth and Viv spent the remainder of the morning cuddling up on the sofa, together. Beth running her hand through Viv's hair and Viv drifting off to sleep, "Viv before you go to sleep, do you want to go into bed so you're more comfortable?" Beth whispered, "No it's okay, I'm comfortable right here." Viv answered, "Okay but I don't want your back to feel worse." Beth said into Viv's head, "I'm comfy here, I wouldn't be able to sit here if I wasn't." Viv smiled, "Baby, do you want to go to your brother's?" Viv asked, "Only if you want too, I don't want you to feel uneasy over there." Beth answered, "We could always go and if I feel uneasy we can come back." Viv smiled, "If that's what you want Viv, that's what will happen." Beth kissed her forehead, "I don't want you to miss doing something with your family because of me." Viv said as she snuggled into Beth's chest, "Viv, I would do anything for you. If I had to redo my ACL for you I would 1000 times over, if it meant that you would be okay." Beth kissed her forehead, "Let's go and if I feel rough I'll let you know." Viv said.

Before they knew it was 5pm and they were getting ready to head Ben and Olivia's for a movie night, "Can I wear your jumper?" Viv asked as she was looking in their shared wardrobe, "Yes of course you can baby, help yourself." Bety smiled, "Thank you." Viv smiled to herself as she pulled out her big black oversized hoodie and a pair of tracksuit bottoms and brushed her hair before going downstairs and grabbing her UGG boots, when Beth came down the stairs wearing identical tracksuit bottoms and her grey oversized hoodie they couldn't help but smile, "Let's go shall we?" Beth asked, Viv nodded her before they set off.

When they arrived at Ben and Olivia's they took their shoes off by the door then made their way into the living room and settling themselves down into the corner of the sofa, Beth wrapped her arm around Viv's shoulder, Viv snuggled and then they all watched the movie together, the best way to make Viv feel more comfortable after the night she had last night, Beth kept her arm around Viv for the whole movie, placing gentle reassuring kisses on her forehead, and every now and again squeezing her hand, "Thank you for looking after me today." Viv whispered into Beth's chest, "Of course baby girl, any time." Beth whispered back, "I love you Beth." "I love you more Vivianne." Beth kissed Viv's hair before they drifted off to sleep under a blanket on her brother's sofa snuggled into each other, "She's make Beth happy doesn't she." Ben said to his Dad, "I have never seen her so happy." Rich smiled at his daughter and daughter in law who were sleeping on the sofa across from there.