Chapter 34

(Just vented on my Random Stuff book, its currently 3am and i need to get up for school at 4am but im writing this.)

(Update: I'm about to publish it and it's 03:40 sorry for the short chapter but I need my 20 mins of sleep.)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

"Come in," I called out with an anxious glance at Eta.

Chaos walked in, her expression coldly neutral.

"H-hey, Chaos," I greeted hesitantly.

Eta cringed slightly and I had to agree with him. Chaos glanced at Eta before glancing back at me.

"I'll just leave," Eta mumbled, quickly leaving the room.

As the door shut behind him, we were left in an awkward silence, leaving me on edge.

"So," I broke the silence. "Uhm, Eta said you wanted to talk to me?"

Chaos gave a small nod.

"Sometimes I wish that the team wasn't so... not 'nagging', but perhaps 'overprotective'? They just wanted to know everything. I just wish that we could solve this shit without them knowing, you know? That's when it turns into a big deal. Otherwise, it's completely easy, figuring it out quietly between the two of us," she sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"They're not overprotective," I said genuinely, a bit confused.

Chaos laughed.

"Struct, can't you see how overprotective they are over you? They're incredibly loyal to you. I just can't believe you haven't noticed before, especially with Eta," Chaos snorted.

I rolled my eyes.

"He can be a bit much sometimes, but I wouldn't say overprotective," I argued softly.

Chaos rolled her eyes.

"Fine, fine. So, uh, about the break up..." Chaos began, trailing off.

I winced, unable to meet her eyes.

"Yeah. Uh... I know why you did it, but, uh... I don't know. I just... I don't know," I groaned.

"I'm sorry," Chaos sighed.

"You don't mean it, Chay. You don't regret breaking up with me. You had your reasoning. There's no reason for you to be sorry," I reasoned reluctantly.

"But I do regret it. I'm sorry, Struct," Chaos murmured softly.

I stayed silent, not knowing how to respond. Chaos sighed again, looking down. It was a bit awkward. She was still just standing in front of me. It looked like she wanted to be closer to me, but didn't know if she had the right anymore. Despite everything, it made me smile that she still made sure I was comfortable in these situations when she didn't need to.

"Do you love me?" I asked eventually, unable to stop myself.

Chaos looked a bit surprised and taken aback by that.

"Of course I do, Struct. I obviously do," she answered with no hesitancy, almost begging for me to believe her words.

I bit my lip.

"Then why, Chay?" I whispered pleadingly.

Chaos glared at the ground in frustration.

"I don't know, okay?! I don't fucking know! I just wanted some space, I wanted to be free for a bit!" She yelled irritatedly.

I flinched back, glaring slightly.

"And you could've just asked for space! You could've just talked to me! It would've been fine! Do you really think I wouldn't respect your wishes?!" I shouted incredulously.

"It's not that, Struct! You know it isn't! I couldn't just ask for space because you weren't doing well mentally!" Chaos yelled back.

"So instead of talking to me so I'd give you space, your solution was to break up with me?! It doesn't make sense, Chay!" I laughed in anger.

Chaos glared at me.

"It doesn't have to make sense, dammit! I was overwhelmed and I didn't know what to do so I did the first thing I thought of!" She screamed.

I flinched back again, glaring at her more.

"Nice to know that the first thing you think of when you panic is to ditch me," I retorted coldly.

Chaos laughed hysterically.

"What would you do, Struct?!" She yelled.

"Have a fucking talk! It's not like I can handle being away from you anyway, but at least I can have a fucking talk when needed!" I shouted coldly.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay?! What do you want me to say?!" She screamed again.

I went quiet at that. I couldn't just ask her to get back together with me. What could I do? It was up to her.

"Do you regret it?" I questioned finally, my voice quieter than a whisper.

"Yes," Chaos whispered back. "I told you, I swear I do, I'm sorry, Struct."

I bit my lip, staring at the ground as I thought about it.

"I love you, Chaos, but I don't think that I can trust you fully again after this," I mumbled honestly, fidgeting with the edge of my shirt.

Tears shone in Chaos' eyes as she looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Struct, I swear it was just-"

"It happened and it affected me, alright?" I cut her off, speaking quietly but certainly.

Chaos gave a small nod.

"I'll give you a second chance. But if this happens again, I can't give you a third one," I told her sharply.

Chaos nodded again, looking at me with gratefulness.

"I'm sorry," she whispered again, tears dripping down her face.

I got up and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a gentle hug.

"Don't worry, it's alright," I whispered soothingly.

She gave a quiet sob, holding onto me tightly. I gently played with her hair in an attempt at comfort, occasionally whispering a few words along with it.

After a few minutes, she collected herself and wiped her tears.

"Thank you," she said shakily.

"No need to thank me, Chay," I murmured simply, grabbing her hand.

She gave a small smile.

"We should probably go downstairs, if Eta heard our fight, they might be preparing to kill me," Chaos joked, but we both knew there was some truth to that.

"Let's go," I sighed, and we left the room and headed downstairs, hand-in-hand.