Chapter 32

(A/N: I can't listen to Cavetown without crying. "Home" and "Juliet" hit so hard.)

<CHAOS' POV>

I bit my lip, sighing as I got up and started pacing in my room. Was it a mistake? I didn't think there was anything bad or wrong about wanting to take a break and be alone for a while.

Struct would be able to understand that.

With another sigh, I stepped out of my room, going downstairs. I went into the living room and everybody immediately began yelling at me.

"Calm down!" I yelled, looking at all of them.

"How could you fucking do something like this, Chaos?!" Order yelled above the others.

"What?" I asked, pushing past the others and sitting down calmly.

"Breaking up with Alpha!" Dove shouted incredulously.

"Okay, let's all calm down. Alpha's resting, and we shouldn't wake him up, okay? Now, we can either talk, or you can fuck off," Eta said calmly.

I scoffed.

"It's none of your business what's going on with Alpha," I shot back at him.

"Look, Lord Chaos," he mocked, "I've known Alpha nearly longer than you've been in a relationship with him. And if you think I'm going to step aside, no fucking way."

I stared at him, keeping a neutral mask.

"And why should that matter, demigod? Do you not think I could get my way with your interference?" I asked, slightly mockingly.

Eta laughed, a sharp and bitter sound.

"I swear to all primordials that if you do something to Alpha, I will find a way to kill you," Eta whispered, his voice cold.

"And? Do you think killing an entity such as myself won't have consequences?" I asked with a cold laugh.

"You created the universe. But, Alpha leads it," he reminded me with a cold smirk.

"It's still my domain. I could rid Struct's control over the universe. Then, all Tartarus will break loose," I scoff coldly.

Eta stared down at me, no trace of fear in his eyes.

"I will let Tartarus break loose if it meant protecting Alpha. Do you think I care, Chaos?" Eta asked with a cold scoff, rolling his eyes. "The only thing I care about is Alpha. Not you, or the universe, or anything else."

I rolled my eyes at his selfishness.

"And? You're aware that we're in the universe right now, right? You're talking about destroying every single thing in existence," I told him with a cold smile.

"What about me, Chaos?" Order's voice cut through the silence sharply.

"What about you, Order?" I ask boredly.

"Me. My control over all of this. Might I remind you that I work to balance the universe? I might not have created it, and I might not lead it, but I protect the balance of it. If you think that all Tartarus would break loose, you're forgetting me. I could prevent it," She reminded me with a cold scoff.

"If you side with them," I add coldly with new interest and amusement.

"And why shouldn't I, little brother?" Order asked coldly, feigning innocence.

I laugh coldly and sharply.

"You would rather side with demigods than I? The spawns of those idiotic shits who call themselves gods? You would lower yourself to that, Order?" I question sharply.

Order laughed coldly.

"Them being demigods have nothing to do with this. Who gives a fuck about parentage? We don't even have parents, Chaos. But if you associate family with a person's morals and personality, I could easily call you End and Void's brother," She reminded me with a scoff.

"So are you," I reminded her with a cold laugh.

Order glared at me.

"At least I'm not a carbon copy of Void. You and End are practically identical," Order countered with cold amusement.

I stared at her incredulously.

"Looking like him has nothing to do with who I am," I laughed with a matching tone.

Order rolled her eyes, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, Chaos, you can try all you want to deny it. But we're all similar. Do you not see it in your anger, or mine?" She asked quietly, her tone carelessly cold.

"We aren't them. We can't be." I scoffed.

"And we aren't. I'm not saying we are. But we're similar enough," Order whispered sharply.

"So what?" I asked with a scoff.

"You might consider demigods as copies of their godly parentage, but who are you to say any better? Your siblings -our siblings- tried to end the universe," Order scoffed.

"It doesn't mean anything," I shrugged coldly.

"It might not. But you do realize, with all power you and I hold, and the power Void and End held, Destruction has more power than any of us?" She asked coldly with a smirk.

"What are you trying to say, Order?" I asked quietly, a spark of fear in my chest.

"I'm not only on the side of powerful, half immortal demigods, but also on the side of the most powerful entity in existence in all of time and before it," Order laughed coldly.

I scoffed, getting up from my seat.

"I'm not scared of him. I'm not scared of the demigods. I'm not scared of you," I hissed coldly.

"Now that's where you made a mistake," Order mumbled sweetly, smiling coldly.

I stared at her, unflinching as the lights flickered around us. I heard thuds and crashes around us before the lights went out completely. They flickered on for a brief second, and I saw something suspiciously like blood splattered across the room, pouring down from the walls. The lights went on again, and everything was fine.

Order smiled coldly, shaking her head and chuckling, muttering something under her breath that I couldn't catch before flashing out.

I glanced at the others. Eta was standing protectively in front of Forger and Dove as they held each other's hand tightly. I sighed, grumbling under my breath.

Eta whispered something to Dove and Forger before leaving to go upstairs. I glanced at them in suspicion, sighing again as I sat back down.