Chapter 7

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

As I moved away from Hermes, my brain started working. What the fuck did I just do?

I was still dating Chaos.

I just cheated on Chaos.

"Destruction?"

I looked at Hermes.

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked, my voice full of confusion.

"We... kissed?"

Hermes' eyes widened once he realized as well.

"Oh fuck. Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck, what did we just do?" I groaned.

"I'm still dating Chaos!" I yelled in annoyance.

"Oh shit," Hermes muttered, his eyes widening.

"Oh, this is a bloodbath. Fuck you, Aphrodite, and your little plan to make my love life 'interesting'!" I shouted toward the sky.

Hermes groaned incredulously and facepalmed.

"Why- what- how-?!" I stuttered frustratedly.

Hermes sighed and turned to me.

"Panicking will do nothing. We have to sit down and think about what we're going to do next," he stated calmly.

I nodded and started to think about different ways to work it out. I was feeling immensely guilty about kissing Hermes, because I had cheated on my boyfriend.

"I think I need to talk to Chaos," I murmured quietly.

"Do you want to, though? After what he did? Because I may not know anything about it, but I do know that he betrayed you and must've resurfaced some trauma for you," Hermes said with concern.

I bit down hard on my lip, thinking.

"He did," I replied eventually.

"He did, but I can't solve this problem without talking to him. I can't avoid my problems until they go away, Hermes, because if I don't do this now, not even Dionysus would be able to save me."

Hermes gazed sadly into my eyes.

"Be careful. I know that you know Chaos better than me, but please, he's hurt you and he can do it again," he muttered.

I sighed, my posture mimicking that of the letter "C".

"There's no other way to do it," I thought aloud.

Hermes sighed.

"Be safe," he murmured as I got up, preparing to flash out.

"I'll talk to you in a few minutes, okay?" I told him.

Hermes nodded and I flashed out, nauseous from stress and anxiety. I was standing in the living room of the house. Chaos was sitting on the couch with faint tear tracks on her cheeks, meaning she had cried a few hours prior.

"Chaos," I said calmly.

She looked up at me with wide eyes and got up.

"Struct," she murmured breathlessly.

I sat down on the couch and motioned her to do the same. She sat down next to me and leaned on me.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered sadly.

I bit my lip, thinking hard. I wanted to accept Chaos' apology, she was truly sad and it was an accident, but what I had told Hermes was also true.

And would I break up with Chaos for Hermes?

I loved Chaos, but what did I feel about Hermes? Was it a momentary kiss? Was there a background for it?

I was incredibly frustrated. Thinking about Hermes, he was always one of my favorite Olympians, and he helped me out a lot while I was a demigod. But, Chaos was there during my darkest times, and I did trust her.

But she also did break my trust.

Did I love Hermes?

The question sounded ridiculous. I was already dating Chaos, I love Chaos, and I cheated on her. With Hermes of all people.

"Struct?" Chaos' voice broke my train of thought.

I went back to the real world and saw Chaos looking at me with concern.

"Sorry, I was disassociated," I murmured.

Chaos bit her lip sadly.

"Is it because of what I did?" She muttered.

I shook my head. She relaxed a bit, giving a relieved sigh.

"I accept your apology, by the way, thank you."

Chaos looked up at me with a small smile.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too," I whispered back, and we both leaned into a kiss.

What the hell was my life right now?