Chapter 6

(Can you please comment this time?)

(Another cliffhanger btw)

<DESTRUCTION'S POV>

I sighed and looked at Hermes.

"So... what're we gonna do now?" I asked.

"I think a change of scenery would be nice. You've been around the same area too much, you're probably getting even more depressed by it," Hermes started off.

I nodded.

"I'm used to it by now. I always feel like I'm being suffocated and have trouble breathing, it's normal by now," I said with a shrug.

Hermes turned to me and looked at me incredulously.

"You better be glad it's me here and not Apollo, because I don't think that he would survive hearing something like this," he told me.

"I'm so mentally fucked that I'd be surprised if I can talk to Apollo without a lecture," I sassed.

Hermes raised his eyebrows.

"At least you're admitting it," he sassed back.

I rolled my eyes.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Is a random forest okay? I can't think of a specific location right now," Hermes said.

"Sure," I shrugged, grabbing Hermes' arm as he flashed us out.

We were standing in this beautiful forest. It looked to be in the middle of nowhere. Flowers and trees were the only thing in sight, the scent of nature filling my nostrils.

"This place is gorgeous," I breathed.

Hermes smiled, looking around. He walked forward and saw a log. He sat down on it and waved me over. I sat down next to him with a tired sigh.

"How're you right now?" He asked softly, gazing at our surroundings.

"Mostly numb," I stated.

Hermes shot a concerned look before looking back at the forest. My left arm tingled with the need to cut. I balled my hands into fists, holding them tightly to not scratch my arm.

Hermes must've noticed my discomfort because he turned to me with concern.

"Is something wrong?" He asked gently.

"I just- I want to cut," I blurted, not wanting to keep secrets anymore.

Hermes bit his lip.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Because you obviously shouldn't, but I can't expect you to just not. Cutting is an addiction, and it'll take some time for you to stop, but we need to find other coping mechanisms for you," Hermes mused.

I bit down hard on my lip, putting a hand on my arm.

"I'm just so done with everything," I whispered, leaning on Hermes.

"I know," he murmured back.

He turned his head and looked at me. We sat there and gazed into each other's eyes, slowly leaning in until our lips met. I closed my eyes and kissed him, savoring his taste.

We broke apart after a few moments, still gazing into each other's eyes. I smiled for the first time in a long time, butterflies fluttering inside my stomach.

Perhaps...