Chapter 2

[TIME SKIP - 1 WEEK]

<CHAOS' POV>

I was once more in Olympus' infirmary, holding Struct's hand as I stared at the floor. I wanted to go to Tartarus and torture the absolute fuck out of the annoying creatures I called my 'siblings'.

Suddenly, I felt a movement from under my hand. My eyes widened in shock and hope. I felt Struct's fingers twitch beneath mine, and stared at him with desperate hope.

"APOLLO!" I shouted.

As I heard footsteps running closer, Struct's fingers twitched strongly. Apollo ran into the room.

"I think he's waking up," I whispered.

Apollo cane forward and did a few diagnostic, also taking a sample of ichor. He quickly moved onto the counter and did something with top speed. He then began to quickly write something into his clipboard.

"I think you're right," Apollo muttered, shock apperant in his voice.

My eyes watered as I tightened my hold on Struct's hand. I felt him squeeze back and gasped in surprise. Apollo was staring frozenly at us.

"C-Chay," Struct muttered with a groan.

Apollo was staring wide-eyed as I felt teats fall down my cheeks.

"Struct?" I whispered.

"Ch-Chay," he whispered again, opening his eyes slightly.

"Struct!" I sobbed, hugging him tightly.

Struct hugged me back just as tightly, if not tighter.

"I missed you," He whispered, gazing into my eyes.

"I missed you, too, Struct, more than you could imagine," I whispered with a small sob.

"Shh, I'm here," he muttered, words that meant more to me than he could imagine.

Because when Struct was with me, I was allowed to be weak. To cry. To let out my frustrations. To not be perfect, because let's be honest, nothing and nobody is perfect, no matter how they seem.

But I didn't have the option to be weak, as neither did Destruction.

But together... nothing mattered. We were able to be weak and frustrated, able to let our imperfections show. And we would always love each other even while seeing the other at their worst.

"Struct," I sobbed again, holding his hands tightly as if I were afraid he would slip away from me again.

"Chay. I'm here, I'm okay, don't worry, Chay," he softly muttered.

I wiped my tears and hugged him again, faking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down.

"Can I go now?" Struct asked Apollo, who finally snapped out of his daze.

"Y-yeah," Apollo stuttered.

Struct raised an eyebrow at me.

"Did you terrorize Apollo?" He asked amusedly.

I looked at the wall.

"...maybe?" I said eventually.

Struct laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Apollo, man, we're good," Struct choked out.

Apollo gave him a nervous smile. Struct rolled his eyes and got out of bed. He stood up, and suddenly froze before turning to me.

"What happened that day?" He asked me suddenly.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"I don't remember anything after summoning the wall of power," Struct explained slowly.

"You used the wall of power to kill End and Void, but the wall ended up ricocheting onto you," I said.

Struct seemed to be thinking about something for a second before nodding.

"See you later, Apollo," he said.

Apollo nodded and slowly backed out of the room. Struct smiled at me as he grabbed my hand, and we flashed out.

We were in Struct's room of the cabin. It felt like that entire week of anxiety hadn't even happened.

And that good feeling of relief and low anxiety lasted about ten more seconds before I realized something.

"Struct?" I asked anxiously, fidgeting with my fingers a bit.

"Yeah?" Struct responded, sitting down on his bed.

I sat down next to him, and sighed. He put an arm around my waist and looked at me concernedly.

"Do you remember what happened... before End and Void made an entrance? More specifically, what we were talking about?" I asked him.

Struct looked a bit confused for a second before his eyes widened.

"C-can we just... I dunno, forget about that?" He asked nervously, avoiding my gaze.

He folded his arms at an attempt to close in on himself.

"Struct," I said softly.

"Just... please, Chaos. Please," he pleaded.

I bit my lip. I didn't want to push him, but like I had thought before the said conversation, I needed to do this. For Struct's own good.

"Destruction, please, just tell me about it," I asked.

Struct suddenly snorted, looking up with a glare.

"Oh, sure, I'll tell you about my deepest, darkest secrets and trauma because you said 'please'!" He yelled sarcastically.

I winced, sighing a bit.

"Struct-" I began.

"No. I don't want to talk about it, Chaos, even if you want to know. I don't care if you do, you just don't understand that I can just freely talk about it or anything like that. You don't understand. You don't know. Leave me alone, Chaos," Struct said coldly before flashing out.

I looked at the ground, my eyes tearing up slightly. The one time my boyfriend is upset, I'm the reason.

A soft sob ripped free from my lips. I gave a small shudder and wrapped my arms around myself, flashing out.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

<STRUCT'S POV>

How dare Chaos? How dare he? How could he? Did he honestly think I'd just say, 'Oh, sure!' and tell him about that?!

I was currently at the park Chaos and I had gone to for our date at 3 a.m. with Starbucks. I was on the same swing set, absent-mindedly swinging as I dissasociatedly thought about a million things at once.

Numbness had overcome all other feelings and emotions. I summoned a blade and held it tightly as I dragged it across my wrist.

I gave an inaudible gasp of pain and relief. I moved the blade and dragged it down my wrist once more, watching as my skin ripped open and silver ichor poured out of it like a fountain.

I moved the blade one last time, dragging it deeply through my skin, ripping it apart, coating my arm in my ichor. I gave gasps of pain, smiling as I teleported the blade away.

I rested my head against the chains of the swings, softly swinging back and forth, the wind hitting me gently in the face.

I stared off into the sky, a tear falling from my eye. I clenched the chains tightly, trying to stop the emotion from coming out.

I looked up and sighed, thankful to get my outburst of emotion in control. I felt a bit dizzy from anxiety but flashed into my room without vomiting my guts out. I saw with thankfulness that Chaos had left, and got into my bed, going to sleep.