« Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ Vɪʀᴜs » (Uirusu)

Blood. Blood staining the grass. Blood staining...my face. A limp rabbit lay on the floor, my cold desperate gaze on it. I feel a growl rise within me as my eyes gaze hungrily at it.

Blood. It could be more Uirusu. You know there's more. Go further...open it's body up and scrape-

Suddenly there was soft footsteps coming from behind. I quickly wipe my face and hid the limp rabbit in front of me as I turn my gaze. She smiles brightly at me as she skips closer to me.

"Hello sis! Whacha doinnn-?"

I force a smile on my face, my gaze not meeting hers.

"O-oh nothing little dream-"

She tiltes her head and takes a step forward...her smile eases to one of curiosity. I finally shove the hunger out of mind as I quickly meet her gaze...a forced smile still expressed on my face.

"Does mom know your here-?"

"N-no...I snuck out from the garden. I wanted to play with you-!"

She begins to smile brightly again, a mischievous grin spreading across her face. I roll my eyes, my body trembling slightly.

"She's not going to appreciate that-"

She takes another step closer. She probably heard my shaky voice.

"Are you ok sissy-?"

"Y-yah I j-just"

A yelling is quickly heard not far behind. I keep my gaze away still as I hear the familiar footsteps from Hikari Hana approaching. Hikari glances over, panting softly, sounding as if she had been running in search for Dream for a minute.

"Oh my god-! There you are Reuke!"

I felt the sudden eyes on me as I knelt on the floor. Hikari grabs Dream softly and guides her gently behind her. Hikari leans down and speaks with a soft enchanting voice, "How about you head back home-I'll be back in a minute to play with you-"

Reuke gives a soft nod before glancing once more at me and then running off.

Silence. I feel my hands tremble slightly before I force out words, trying to keep my words from being shaky.

"T-thanks-"

Hikari swiftly knelt next to me, her soft hands grabbing my shoulder noticing the dead rabbit in front of me. She widens her eyes slightly before speaking softly.

"I-its happening again?"

I give a soft nod, my body trembling slightly. I squeeze my eyes shut. Hikari speaks again, "Take the time you need-Ill head back and make sure Reuke and your mother alright...ok?"

I nod softly, a guilt feeling rising within me. I quickly glance towards Hikari, meeting her gaze.

"D-dont tell..."

She quickly interrupts with a soft voice, "I know...don't tell your mom. I won't. Just get it under control so you dont get noticed..."

With that she quickly stands up and starts on her way, her gaze not meeting back as she heads back in the direction of the house. Leaving me with a soft shiver down my spine.

I turn my gaze back towards the limp rabbit. The blood stained it's pelt, my eyes glancing towards the head. That was too close. The hunger is driving you to almost getting caught Uirusu.

My gaze stays cold on the head of the rabbit. Mother wouldn't appreciate it...

A tingling spreads through my hand. The infection making itself well known as it pumped through my veins. Just one bite. How would she figure it out...? Just one Uirusu-