« Tʜᴇ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴀ Mᴇᴍᴏʀʏ » (Guritchi)

I glance over my shoulder. Who? I turn my gaze back at the girl, in slight confusion. She tilts her head as if waiting for someone to speak. And then nods...as if someone did.

"Ryu Guritchi-? Oh, that's a nice name. My name is Yuko Obake..."

I raise a brow, a shiver running down my spine. I hadn't said anything. Who was she talking to? How did she know that? I take a step back. Obake tilts her head.

"Something wrong Guritchi-?"

I raise a brow and then point over to my side...

"W-who are you talking to-?"

She smiles softly, quickly standing up.

"Oh my apologies. I didn't know you hadn't met Niko yet. She told me she has been watching you so I figured you both met...".

I glance over my shoulder. Nothing. What was she talking about? She smiles brightly before continuing. She points towards a blank openness next to me.

"This is Niko. She is my friend...and now your friend!"

I speak calmly, my gaze meeting hers.

"And what is Niko exactly-?"

Obake giggles then speaks bluntly.

"A ghost-"

My eyes widen. A ghost? She seems so calm and happy about it. Like she didn't even care that her 'friend' was someone dead from the past.

"A ghost-?"

She nods, a smile spreading across her face.

"A ghost-"

I glance to my side and then back at her.

"Is it like your ability?"

She smiles and nods again.

"Yeah I guess you could say that it's part of my quirk. I can do other things but it seems like me seeing certain people is the main part of my quirk..."

I nod and then take a step forward towards the other old chair. Taking a seat, I speak lowly.

"I-I've heard about the quirks. I didn't know though how they all work. I think I just found mine..."

She glances at me, tilting her head.

"Oh really-? What is it?"

I look down at my hands as if I was going to show it off...but nothing appears. I sigh.

"I-i don't know for sure. I kinda like...g-glitched through the wall at home. And it all started with a weird gust of wind-"

"...Niko..."

I glance up. Niko? Was that what it was that pushed me towards the machine? She continues.

"I should have known, Niko has been keeping an eye on you!"

I couldn't help but turn my gaze to her. My gaze is stern, memories of my mother flooding my brain. It sounded a little too much like Mom. Always watching over me.

A small smile spreads across my face, finally looking away.

"Well let Niko know I said thank you-"

Obake smiles taking a quick glance to the space beside me. She gives a soft nod and speaks once more.

"She says it's nothing- she wanted to show you what you were truly made of..."