Derailed

Michael heads to Trevor's and Maddie's trailer and relaxes. A short while later, Ron appears, asking for Trevor's and Maddie's whereabouts. The pair talk for a bit before Ron tells Michael to tell Trevor and Maddie about "the monthly train." As Michael is querying this, Trevor arrives home with Patricia and Maddie arrives home with tears on her face and says she saw Trevor cheat on her and Michael goes off on him.

Maddie: I saved every text you sent me from the moment I saw you I knew you were mine. You said you were mine. I thought you were mine. Do you know what Michael said when I told him what you'd done? He said "You have married an Icarus, he has flown too close to the sun" Don't take another step in my direction I can't be trusted around you. Don't think you can talk your way into my arms, into my arms. I'm deleting the texts you sent me, you can stand over there if you want I don't know who you are I have so much to learn. I'm re-reading your texts and watching them delete (delete) I'm watching them delete (delete). You published the texts she sent to you, you told the whole world how you brought this girl into our bed in clearing your name, you have ruined our lives. Heaven forbid someone whisper "He's part of some scheme". Your enemy whispers so you have to scream. I know about whispers I see how you look at my brother. Don't. I'm not naive I have seen women and men around you. Don't think I don't see how they fall for your charms, all your charms. I'm erasing myself from the narrative let future historians wonder how Maddie reacted when you broke her heart. You have thrown it all away, stand back, watch it delete, just watch it all delete and when the time comes explain to the children the pain and embarrassment, you put their mother through. When will you learn that they are your legacy? We are your legacy. If you thought you were mine (mine, mine). Don't.

Trevor: Michael...

Michael: Trevor...congratulations; you've invented a new kind of stupid a damage you can never undo kind of stupid. An open all the cages in the zoo kind of stupid. Clearly, you didn't think this through, kind of stupid. Let's review,  you took a rumor a few maybe two people knew and refuted it by sharing an affair of which no one had accused you. I begged you to change, you refused to. So scared of what your enemies will do to you but you're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to! You know, Franklin can do what he wants, he doesn't dignify schoolyard taunts with a response! So yeah, congratulations!

Trevor: Michael...

Michael: You've redefined your legacy, congratulations!

Trevor: It was an act of true love!

Michael: ...True love? I languished in a happy marriage in Los Santos, I lived only to keep my family alive. I look at us and think, "God, what have we done with our lives, and what did it get us?" That doesn't wipe the tears or the years away, but I'm here in the trailer and I'm here to stay, you know what I'm here to do?

Trevor: Michael...

Michael: I'm not here for you...I know my sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind and a million years ago she said, "I love Trevor," So I, accepted your relationship with her...do you know why?! I love my sister more than anything in this life! I would choose her happiness over mine, every time, Maddie! Is the best thing in our lives and never lose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the best wife! Congratulations for the rest of your life! Every ounce of true love is for my sister to give her the best life! Congratulations.

Michael slaps Trevor. Trevor and Maddie tell Michael that the train, owned by Merryweather, holds enough gold to keep Ron in trailers, Michael in therapy and enough to pay off Madrazo to get the trio out of exile.

Trevor and Maddie head towards to train on a Sanchez and tells Michael to meet them underneath Raton Canyon Bridge on a boat. The train is on the tracks to the east of Sandy Shores. Trevor and Maddie ride alongside the train and eventually use a jump to drive the Sanchez on top of the train. They drives to the front of the train, takes out the conductor and takes control.

Trevor and Maddie drive the train straight past Paleto Bay Station, making Merryweather aware the train has been stolen. Play then switches to Michael, who is driving a dinghy to the bridge from the Alamo Sea. As he gets to Raton Canyon Bridge, he sees the train Trevor and Maddie are driving crash head-on into a train coming from the other direction, causing the cargo and train cars to fall into the river below and Trevor and Maddie to jump to safety.

Trevor and Maddie tell Michael which container the take is in. Michael puts sticky bombs on the doors and blows them open. While Michael is unloading the take onto the dinghy, Trevor and Maddie, who has made it to shore, defends him from ongoing heat from Merryweather. When there's a window to escape, Trevor and Maddie make it over to the dinghy and the trio drive down the rapids.

Now more Merryweather guards are pursuing them on boats, Michael drives them away while Trevor and Maddie take out as many of the guards as he can. Once out to sea, the heat has died down and the trio drive the dinghy to a nearby beach.

Michael goes to leave with the loot but Trevor and Maddie want to see it before it goes. Michael opens the case to reveal an ancient artifact. Trevor and Maddie want to keep it but Michael wants to give it to Madrazo to settle things with him. Michael agrees to do "the big score", The Union Depository with Trevor and Maddie if they let him do this. Trevor and Maddie are sceptical but eventually agrees after some persuading from Michael. Trevor also agrees to apologize to Maddie and leave Patricia. Maddie forgives Trevor.