[EP 12] Pt 3: going back to the life before

Nothing prepared Dunk when he had to go back to work. There was a brief news coverage on the incident and a whole lot of speculation as to what had happened. There was always someone looking at him, whispering about him. The trio would usually shoot them a death glare whenever they witnessed it. Phi Jimmy, First and Khaotung were understanding and learnt to work around Dunk's new behaviour but Top was a piece of work. He gave Dunk a nervous breakdown. Phi Jimmy had stepped in before things could escalate but it didn't stop the anger from brewing within Top.

***

Dunk was too engrossed in his work to notice that he was the only one left in the office. He was waiting for Joong today as both Pond and Phuwin were working late. Before he knew what was happening, Top had all but dragged him to an empty meeting room. He threw him towards the oval table, hitting his back.

"Who's going to stop me now?! Phi Jimmy isn't here. And who among those 3 is your faen? Or is it all 3 of them? You're sickening to me." Dunk tried to breathe through the pain. He mustered the last energy within him to shout for help before Top backhanded him.

***

Joong was curious as to why Dunk wasn't at his desk. Dunk had always worked like clockwork since the ordeal. He panicked when he heard Dunk's shout for help. The scene that greeted him when he kicked down the door had more than fueled his anger. He was pounding into Top before Dunk stopped him, afraid that he may killed him. Joong had carried Dunk in his arms all the way to the car gaining a lot of curious stares. He had called and informed Pond to handle what's left of Top so he may attend to Dunk.

Once they reached home, Joong had cleaned all of Dunk's visible wounds. He wanted to check Dunk's back since he had winced when he touched it but Dunk was adamant that he doesn't see his scars.

"Dunk..." His soft tone and sincere look in his eyes had made Dunk relent to his will. Joong had grimaced at the number of scars that scattered across his back but he can see the bruise forming. Joong had tried to be as gentle as possible when he applied ointment to it. He blew on it hoping to relief Dunk of its pain. He planted a kiss a few centimeters away from the bruise. Dunk was surprised by his move. He stared at him wondering why he did what he did.

Pond and Phuwin had rushed into the apartment, breaking them from their spell. Both of them voicing their concern when they saw the state that Dunk was in. Dunk had waved off their concern claiming that he was fine with a smile on his face.

Joong continued to stare at Dunk throughout the night. He had fell in love with him from the moment he first met him. Their experience thus far had only deepened his love for him. He didn't want to rush Dunk, knowing the trauma he went through. He promised himself that he will stay by Dunk no matter what, even if it takes him forever to accept him.

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: Basically Top is homophobic and thinks that Dunk has 3 faens. I guess from an outsider point of view, it can seem so with how close the 4 of them are. Is this considered ghostshipping?🤨🤨I dunno I don't question my imaginative mind, afraid it'll stop if I question it too much. I just let it run it's course. whatever floats its boat. 

What do you think about this EP? 

We'll be tuning back to the Fledgling under my care tomorrow.😊😊

Which Top are we talking about? Top from Only friends or Wednesday Club? Somehow I imagined Top from Wednesday club when I wrote this scene. He somehow fitted.