[EP 9] Guilt

Net slams the table when he learnt that Neo had been killed in custody. James' face lined with worry as it meant that they were nowhere close to closing down Moonlight. Dunk is still in danger despite the ordeal that he went through.

***

Pond eyes widen as he saw personal protect detail lining outside of Dunk's room. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Phi Earth standing outside of Dunk's ward. Phi Earth had a hand to his mouth as he took in the sight of Dunk. Tears rimmed Pond's eyes. He knew he had failed his mentor/ boss. He knew that he had failed Dunk. He also knew he has to own up to his mistakes.

"Phi Earth, I'm-" Phi Earth gave him a crushing hug before he could even apologize.

"Dunk is going to be fine, it's not your fault. Don't ever blame yourself." Phi Earth said firmly.

"But if I didn't leave him there, he wouldn't be lying here!" Pond exclaimed.

"He made the choice to save the 3 of you. He made the choice, not you. You didn't leave him." Phi Earth trying the drum the fact in.

"But I promised, I promised to protect him. I promised his parents before they died. We promised..." The tears flowed uncontrollably. He finally lets go of all that he had been holding on- the pain, the grief and the fear of losing Dunk.   

***

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: 😭😭it's going to take a while before this angst is over... ja yen yen...switching over to the cuter vampire series to contra this angst out... maybe it was the right decision to do 2 series at the same time 🤣🤣