Chapter Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Oh... Dark Knight..." He said, letting out a few tired pants.

"You're holding out fine..." She sniffed, "I came down here so that I can run away. Nobody needs me here... I'm worthless..." She sputtered a reiteration of the villager's words as she tried to pick herself up.

"...What ever do you mean?" Pip shook his head at her in utter confusion.

"I let him take her!" She said, covering her eyes again as she began to sob.

"What nonsense! You didn't let King Cartman do anything! He stole your Princess straight from your clutches! I saw!" Pip told her. He knelt down and began helping her to her feet.

"I know... I'm supposed to be powerful... it's not supposed to be that easy for him!" She hiccuped, "I'm supposed to be the Dark Knight. Protector of this Kingdom and the one true guardian of the Princess. And I let her slip away because... because..." She grabbed Pips hammer and swung it his direction, causing him to wince with fear, "Because I was afraid of his STUPID lightning rod!" She swung the hammer into another Zombie's head behind him, tears still streaming down her face.

"I never deserved to marry the princess..." She coughed, falling back to her knees as she leant on the hammer, planted into the ground.

"Dark Knight... the only thing I've ever heard of even causing a blow to the Evil Wizard King Cartman was the Stick of Truth. And he almost stole it then... Not even King Kyle can destroy him with his own epic powers. We all hate to admit it, but... Cartman really is the most powerful being we know." He explained, placing a hand on her shoulder. She was finally able to catch her breath at his words. Not even the Stick of Truth could defeat him? She knew that Kyle was weird about having it out around him, but she always assumed it was because he didn't want Cartman to swindle it. She had no idea it was because he had forces to protect himself against it.

"If any of this was going to be easy, he wouldn't have recruited you. You wield the Sword of Justice, which is the most powerful sword in all of history! If you leave us... we will surely be doomed." He told her.

"My sword proved useless in battle... How did I let him trick me? His stupid lightning spell.... That's what got me, Pip!" She began swinging the hammer again as they made their way back to Damien.

"And you lived! Only immortals can survive a blow like that!" He said, making her pause and look at him before obliterating another Zombie in the face, "That spell has caused mass genocide on many kingdoms over the years. We're awfully lucky he didn't blow everyone up with it, this time. He's done it before! The Stick of Truth was our only saving grace. It has the power to resurrect the dead. You and Damien were the only people struck, and you both live to tell the tale. It even knocked my Damien out cold, which is a hard thing to do!" Pip paused as blood splattered across his face, and he wiped it from his eyes, "I don't know what they were saying to you up there, but they're very wrong to think you aren't powerful for surviving that without any outside influence."

She sighed before smashing the Zombie that was lurking around Damien's body. She stared down at him and felt horrible. Pip knelt down at his side and cradled his horny head on his lap, brushing the black strands of hair from his face. Damien let out soft breaths as drool slid past his sharp teeth. Pip smiled at him lovingly.

"My dear Master... they don't want to eat him, you know, because they can smell his demon blood." He told her softly, brushing his hand along his jaw line as she killed the zombies running towards them. She stared at Pip longingly, and wiped a few stray tears from her face. She stared down at her hands and the deep onyx ring on her finger.

"My Princess..." She shook, covering her eyes again.

"There, there, Dark Knight. We will find your bride... Everyone knows exactly where she is. He's keeping her in the castle so you come to him. His power is unfathomable when he's within his own Kingdom. That's exactly why he wants you there..." He said. Y/n felt hopeless. All she had left at her defenses were her King's Stick of Truth and her sword. Even those immeasurably powerful objects seemed useless now.