①⑦ ❀𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎❀

The next day, Maira woke up to find herself in Hatim's embrace. A smile formed on her lips as she observed him, peacefully asleep, holding onto her as if his life depended on it.

"Ya Allah, now my only prayer is to see this face every morning," she whispered softly.

She gazed at his peaceful expression and lightly touched his cheeks, captivated by his presence, she's staring at him for the past ten minutes.

"Staring at a sleeping person like that is quite a bad habit," Hatim whispered, causing Maira to gasp and attempt to sit up, but he held her tightly. He then opened his eyes and gazed at her with a smirk.

"S...Since when have you been awake?" she asked. "Since the moment you started looking at me," he replied. Maira blushed and hid her face on his chest, to which he chuckled. After a few minutes, he sat up, stretching his body, while Maira watched, smiling.

He stood up, went to the bathroom to freshen up, and then help Maira to get up and head to the bathroom.

In an hour, Sara and Shams arrived, bringing breakfast for Hatim and Maira. They exchanged greetings.

"Well, well, where did the sun rise from today, seeing Sara and Shams together," Hatim remarked, laughing, knowing well that they couldn't spend a moment together without arguing.

"Maa insisted, that's why I had to come with this mountain goat," Sara replied, rolling her eyes. Shams glared at her. "I'm not dying to come with this wild cat, it's only because of Maa that I'm quiet," he retorted, and Sara glared back at him with pure hate.

"Only a slight delay in speaking and these two start again. Enough now, sworn enemies," Hatim intervened, coming between them. Both groaned but settled down to have breakfast. Maira had soup while the others ate bread and omelet.

After breakfast, a nurse arrived and gave medicines to Maira.

"Bhai, I forgot to tell you something," Shams said, smacking his head. Sara chuckled, "This is what happens, When the upper floor is empty." Before Shams could continue, Hatim interjected.

"What did you want to say, Shams?" Hatim interjected, averting the brewing argument. "Farhan bhai mentioned that he wants to meet you at the office for something important," Shams informed.

"Alright, come with me," Hatim said, standing up. Shams nodded, and both of them left the room. Meanwhile, Sara looked mischievously at Maira.

"Her smile seems like a sign of trouble," Maira thought and quickly lay down, turning her back to Sara. "Bhabi," Sara said, approaching Maira and sitting beside her on the bed.

"Now, tell me what was happening between you two last night that irritated my brother so much when we called," Sara teased, resting her head on her arm. Maira recalled the events of the previous night, particularly the kiss. Her cheeks flushed bright red, and a smile spread across her lips.

"Oh my, what's this... You two have become so bold that you couldn't even wait to get home, all this happened right in the hospital," Sara exclaimed with a dramatic gasp. Maira's eyes widened, and she immediately sat up, playfully slapping Sara's arm, "Sara!!!"

"It looks like this small bed became the perfect setting for you two," she teased, laughing. "You're such a shameless one... Go, I won't talk to you anymore." Maira puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms over her chest, pretending to be angry. Sara laughed and held her ears, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry for now... But that doesn't mean I won't do it again." She laughed and ran into the bathroom.