② ❀𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎❀

"Hatim... Hatim, where are you? Your Maira is in so much pain. Please save me."

Hatim jolted awake, breathing heavily. He looked around and realized he was in his office. He took a deep breath and drank some water. He checked his watch; it was 2:00 am. Running his hands through his hair, he took deep breaths. The dreams he had been having were making him restless. He took out a ring, which he kept in his wallet all the time, and kissed it. "Where are you, Maira? In what condition are you?" he whispered as a tear rolled down his eye. He quickly wiped away the tear, got up, picked up his car keys, and left. He arrived home from the office at 3:00 am, and his mother, Zernish, was waiting for him, sitting in the living room.

"Maa, Why are you still awake?" He asked with a frown as he walked towards his mother. She responded with a smile, "First, say 'Salam' my child, and then we can talk." He quickly replied with a smile, "Sorry, Ammi. Assalamualaikum."

"Waalaikumassalam, Beta. How can a mother sleep when her child works late into the night?" Zernish said, kissing his forehead as he sat on the floor and rested his head on his mother's lap. She massaged his hair to help him relax.

"Beta, you work so late, and then you wake up early in the morning. You're not getting enough sleep, if you keep doing this you'll end up getting sick," Zernish said, her voice breaking. Hatim looked at his mother and frown, She's crying.

"Maa," he immediately sat on the sofa and wiped her tears before hugging her. "Maa, I can't sleep. Whenever I sleep, Maira comes to me in my dreams. She appears to be in so much pain and calls out to me. Despite my desire, I can't reach her. What should I do, Maa? It hurts me so much," Hatim said, finally sharing the burden that had been weighing on him for the past few days.

"Beta, I understand how much their loss has affected all of us. Maira, Bhai Sahab and Mehreen's deaths have shaken our world, and everything has changed. Our happiness is burnt with them. But son, just imagine how much pain Maira's soul must be going through while seeing you suffer," Zernish tried to console her son, though she knew it wouldn't completely comfort him.

"Maa, I felt like Maira is alive, and she's in pain, She's calling out to me," Hatim cried, burying his face in his hands. Zernish embraced him once more, and he cried on his mother's shoulder. She understood that her words alone couldn't ease his pain, so she remained silent, allowing him to cry. After a while, she released him from the hug and wiped away his tears.

"Enough of crying, my child. I'm going to heat food for you. Freshen up, okay?" she said. Hatim nodded and headed to his room to freshen up.

Hatim stood in front of the bathroom mirror, gazing at his reflection with a sigh. His beard had grown out, and he looked like a complete mess. "I wish we hadn't gone to Karachi that day. I wish I could have saved Ammi, Abbu, and Maira. I can't imagine the pain they went through. Our home was engulfed in flames, and we couldn't even find their bodies. Their deaths marked the end of our lives. All our happiness vanished. Baba and Abbu got into a fight with a mafia gang leader, and in revenge, they set our house on fire."

"After I graduated, I took over Baba and Abbu's business and formed my own mafia gang. I took my revenge by inflicting painful deaths on those who had hurt Maira, Ammi, and Abbu. I killed them in the same brutal manner they had hurt my family."

"I rebuilt our house on the same land that had burned down. I wanted to live in the place filled with memories of Ammi, Abbu, and Maira."

"I believe Maira is alive, and I will find her. My heart tells me that I'll find you, Maira."