②⓪ ❀𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚢❀

After Daniyal and his family left, Zernish sat beside Maira to talk. "Maira, you're the daughter of this house, and now you're also a daughter-in-law and Sara's best friend. If you talk to Sara about this matter..."

Maira smiled and patted Zernish's hand. "Don't worry, Maa. I'll talk to her," she reassured her. Zernish kissed her forehead. "My dear daughter."

"Hatim, will you take me to Sara's room?" Maira asked Hatim. He nodded and took her wheelchair to Sara's room, knocking on the door. "Come in," Sara called from inside. Hatim entered, and She smiled when she saw Maira. She got up from her bed and went over to her.

"Hey, Bhabi, you should have called me," she said. Maira patted her cheek. "I just felt like spending time with you."

Sara hugged her. "That was a great idea." Hatim cleared his throat. "Okay, now that you've found your best friend, I guess I'm of no value to you anymore," he said, pretending to be hurt. Both Sara and Maira laughed.

"Did I ever say that you're not valuable? Look, Bhabi, your husband is getting jealous of his own wife," Sara teased. Hatim laughed and pinched her cheeks. "I'm not getting jealous. I'll leave you two girls and your girl talks," he said before locking eyes with Maira and giving her a soft smile.

Maira smiled in response, which Sara noticed. "Bhai doesn't miss any chance for romance," Sara laughed after Hatim left. "Let's leave us and tell me, what's going on with you?" Maira asked, raising her eyebrow. Sara nervously cleared her throat and sat on the bed. "W... What do you mean?" she asked. "You know what I mean, do you and Daniyal like each other?" Maira asked. Sara looked at her with a gasp, then immediately got up and locked the door.

"Bhabi, please don't tell anyone about this, please," Sara said, holding Maira's hands. "Okay, I won't tell, but you tell me. When did all this start?" Maira replied. Sara was silent for a moment before she began to speak.

"Well, actually, 7 months ago when Daniyal came from Canada, we've been in contact since then. Bhabi, he's a very nice person. He has convinced me that he won't marry anyone else except me; he loves me a lot. Daniyal himself convinced his parents for me. Bhabi, we both like each other very much. Please, convince everyone," Sara said. Maira took a deep breath.

"Okay, if you're happy with this relationship, I will definitely talk to everyone. But if he turns out to be a good match for you, only then will I agree to your marriage," Maira replied. Sara happily hugged her. "He's really nice, Bhabi. If you want, I can arrange a meeting for you, but please, let this relationship happen in any way," Sara said. Maira smiled and nodded.

"God knows why I'm not feeling good about something. Hopefully, everything turns out well for my Sara," she thought.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

At midnight, Hatim woke up from a deep slumber, frowning when he didn't find Maira in bed. He got up immediately, checked the bathroom, and looked through the closet, but she wasn't there. "Where did Maira go?" he whispered anxiously. His heart raced as he realized Maira couldn't walk by herself, and he feared she might have hurt herself. Her wheelchair was also in the room.

He rushed out of the room, calling out her name, and suddenly stopped in his tracks when he heard a gunshot. His eyes widened in shock. "Maira," he whispered, and panic surged through him. He descended the stairs and saw a man standing with a gun in his hand. It was too dark to see the man clearly. The man's laughter echoed through the whole house.

Hatim was about to ask, "Who are you?" when he took a step forward but stopped abruptly when he tripped over something. He looked down and stumbled backward in horror. It was Maira. There was a hole on her forehead, and she was bleeding. Her eyes were open, lifeless. Hatim was frozen in his spot, his eyes wide with horror. "Mairaaaa!!"