④ ❀𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍❀

"Hatim... Hatim... Hatim..." Maira kept whispering his name as if her life depended on it. At first, Hatim didn't realize what she was saying, but a moment later, he heard his name.

"How does she know my name? Do I really know her? Allah, what kind of puzzle is this?" His chain of thoughts broke when he saw Maira without her dupatta. He quickly took off his jacket and covered her body with it.

"I can think about all of that later for now, I have to save her and the other girls from this hell," he thinks, shaking off his thoughts. He tried his best to untie her, but the rope was tightly secured.

"Those bastards!! They tied you up so tightly," Hatim said, struggling to loosen the ropes. Maira whimpered and sobbed.

"P... Please open my eyes," she whispered, sobbing. Hatim mentally berated himself, thinking, "I got so lost in my own thoughts that I forgot to open this poor girl's eyes."

He quickly untied the cloth from her eyes, and she blinked several times until her eyes adjusted. Her vision was still blurry due to the pain, making it hard to see his face clearly. "Maira... How is this possible? Is my Maira alive and right in front of me?" His heart skipped a beat as he looked at her, but the sound of gunshots snapped him out of his trance.

A few men entered, holding guns. Before they could shoot Hatim, he fired his gun, taking down everyone. Maira screamed in horror as she witnessed him mercilessly killing the attackers. She closed her eyes and cried, desperate to free herself.

"We need to get out of here quickly," Hatim said, scanning the room for something to cut the ropes. His eyes landed on a glass. He quickly broke the glass and began cutting the rope with the sharp edge. In a matter of moments, he successfully cut the rope and freed Maira.

"Put this on." He helped her wear his jacket and held her hand. "Can you walk?" he asked. She nodded, and they both hurried out of the room. Maira jumped in fear when she saw many lifeless bodies on the floor. She immediately gripped Hatim's shirt tightly, struggling to maintain her balance.

"Her hands are getting so cold," he noticed, feeling her hand grow colder with each passing moment. He made her look at him and said, "Don't look down, these people deserved this."

They attempted to run, but a group of men stood in front of the door, ready to shoot them. Hatim pulled Maira behind a wall.

"How many of them are there?" Hatim gritted his teeth as he reloaded his gun. "Allah, I can't bear this any longer... Ahhh, my head." Maira closed her eyes, overwhelmed by the sound of gunshots and intense pain. She became extremely dizzy. "Don't be afraid, everything will be alright," he assured her.

In an instant, Hatim covered Maira's eyes and held her tightly against his chest. A barrage of gunfire erupted, causing Maira to flinch and clutch Hatim's shirt tightly in her small fists. Her headache reached an unbearable level, and she passed out in his arms.

Hatim panicked when he felt Maira going limp in his arms. He sat on his knees on the floor, holding her closely with his left arm while using his right to eliminate the remaining threats. In a matter of moments, his team entered.

"Sir, the entire area has been cleared. We've taken care of everyone, including rescuing the girls. But their leader managed to escape through a secret passage," Asad informed while looking at Maira's lifeless body in Hatim's arms.

"Is she okay? Did they—" Hatim cut him off, saying, "Thank God, nothing happened to her. She's just scared. Take all the girls to their homes safely, and Asad, come with me to the guesthouse."