Chapter 25

Taehyung rolled up the white sleeves of his button down shirt, standing with his hands on his hips as he tried to decipher the recipe in front of him.

He wasn't much of a baker, but he'd asked Jungkook's uncles for one of the boy's favorite recipes. He wanted to do something nice to celebrate Jungkook's first day out again after the change.

He'd lit candles around the kitchen, and started the record player he had sitting on a shelf in the living room.

He heard keys jiggling in the lock, and turned down the music slightly.

Jimin came in first, holding the door open for Jungkook. Taehyung was frozen in place for a moment. Jungkook had cut his hair, all of his curls were gone but he somehow looked even better which the blonde hadn't thought possible.

The shorter cut made Jungkook's jawline more obvious, the sharp edges of his side profile in high contrast to the roundness of his face. And then Taehyung's eye was drawn to the silver peeking out of Jungkook's eyebrow.

"Did you get a piercing?" Taehyung asked, smiling as he took in his boyfriend.

"Yeah it was kind of an impulsive decision." Jungkook ruffled the top of his hair where it was longer.

Jimin watched in amusement at Taehyung's rare show of speechlessness. "Alright well, I'm going to head out now that I've delivered him back to you. Have fun, but not too much." He blew them a kiss and went on his way.

Taehyung let out a breath and finally approached Jungkook, running his hands through the short black hair.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asked a little uncertainly.

"You look amazing." Taehyung said, placing his hands on Jungkook's waist under his jacket. "Being a vampire suits you." He joked, letting Jungkook go to return to the kitchen.

"What have you been doing?" Jungkook asked curiously, noticing the candles and a sweet aroma coming from the oven.

"Baking. Well I'm attempting baking that is. I don't think it likes me very much." Taehyung huffed.

Jungkook couldn't help but let his gaze linger on Taehyung's arms. He'd rolled up his sleeves and his tan skin and pronounced veins were on display.

He suddenly wanted to bite into one of those veins, and Taehyung's scent seemed all at once to be the most overpowering one in the room.

Jungkook didn't realize he was staring until Taehyung was right in front of him. The blonde flicked the underside of his chin to get his attention.

When Jungkook's eyes met his he was surprised to see crimson orbs instead of dark brown.

"What's got you all worked up huh?" Taehyung asked breathlessly. He always found Jungkook incredibly attractive, but the haircut and the piercing were a whole new level.