Chapter 29

Westhollow was alight with activity on the evening of October 31st. Every business and residence in town was decked out with pumpkins, lights, and all things spooky. Children were running through neighborhood streets, collecting candy and torturing their poor parents.

Meanwhile, Jungkook sat in the back of Hobi's car with Jimin who was obsessively fixing his makeup in the rear view mirror.

"Jimin you look good, stop messing with your face!" Jungkook snapped.

Jimin gave him a nasty look, but complied anyway.

"Are you ready to see your man?" Jimin wiggled his eyebrows.

"I saw him this morning."

"You know what? Why do I even talk to you." Jimin scoffed, but he held the door open for Jungkook when it was time to exit the car.

The club was in full swing when they arrived. Live musicians had taken the place of the grand piano, and the club was as busy as Jungkook had seen it. He got a little insecure at first wearing this kind of outfit in public, but realized quickly he was in good company.

"Hobi and I are going to go dance, are you waiting for Tae?" Jimin asked, gripping onto his boyfriend's hand.

"Yeah, I'm going to grab a drink." Jungkook said, making his way toward the bar and the familiar bartender.

"Hey Jungkook, the usual?" Eunwoo asked, pretty sure he knew the answer.

"Yes." Jungkook grinned.

Eunwoo slid a glass of whisky across the bar and Jungkook gratefully took a sip.

"Don't feel like dancing?"

"I'm waiting for Tae." Jungkook said, nodding his head towards the top of the stairs at the large double doors.

"Ah boss man hasn't made an appearance yet?" Eunwoo laughed.

"No, I'm sure he'll make his presence known when he does." Jungkook chuckled, downing the rest of his whisky.

"Speak of the devil. Or an angel, in this case." Eunwoo quirked an eyebrow and flicked his gaze to the top of the stairs.

Jungkook turned his head, and almost stopped breathing. He knew Taehyung was beautiful, he'd pointed it out himself on many an occasion. But tonight, he was absolutely ethereal.

His tan skin glowed against the white silk that covered his body, except the two cut outs at his sides which drew Jungkook's eye. The slightest bit of glitter was noticeable under his eyes, and his honey blonde hair was perfectly tostled. He too had angel wings on, but his were white to match his costume. Jimin must have planned this.

Taehyung hadn't spotted Jungkook yet and he made his way down the stairs, glancing around the room for his partner

Taehyung hadn't spotted Jungkook yet and he made his way down the stairs, glancing around the room for his partner. As if suddenly drawn by a magnet their eyes connected, and Taehyung smiled widely.