Chapter 7

Jungkook's fascination with the enigma that was Taehyung only grew.

He hadn't seen the other much since their day at the pumpkin patch, a fact which he found mildly disappointing.

He took his time rolling out dough for the bread he was making, alone in the kitchen though he could hear the chattering of customers from outside.

He wondered if Taehyung thought about him too.

The blonde had been straight forward enough when they'd first met. He obviously found Jungkook attractive but after their first few meetings, he hadn't made another move. Jungkook felt slightly, disappointed?

Was he not interested anymore? Or more likely, did Jimin tell him to back off? Jungkook did find Taehyung's advances too much at first as he generally didn't like cockiness, but now that the blonde's attention didn't seem to be on him he missed it. He finally admitted to himself that he did enjoy Taehyung's company, and though he couldn't definitively say it was anything more than that he did spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about the older.

It was a strange development, Jungkook was typically slow to warm up to people in a friendly manner much less anything more than that. He didn't date often because it was rare for him to take that much of an interest. But almost immediately after their first meeting, Taehyung began to take up space in his brain.

He paused, hands stopping in the middle of what he was doing. The smell of flowers wafted from the back entrance to the kitchen.

"Taehyung, you're really not supposed to be back here." Jungkook sighed, trying to hide the small smile that crept up on his face before the older man could approach him.

"How did you know I was here?" Taehyung murmured, hands in his pockets as he approached the counter where Jungkook was working.

"You wear too much cologne I could smell it from a mile away." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I don't wear cologne."

"Right." Jungkook snorted. "Where've you been?"

"Why? Did you miss me?" Taehyung smirked, leaning back against the counter next to the ravenette.

Jungkook flicked a pinch of flour towards him, avoiding the question because he had indeed secretly been hoping for their next meeting.

"What are you doing tonight?" Taehyung asked, ignoring the flour.

"Nothing, my plan was to cook diner when I get home and then watch tv." Jungkook chuckled, having resumed his work, diligently kneading the dough he'd been laboring over.

Taehyung hummed back in response, watching him work.

"Have a drink with me tonight."

Jungkook looked up from the bread he was working on.

"Just a friendly one, there's no need to get Jimin's panties in a twist."

Jungkook nodded, not trying to appear overly eager.

"Where should I meet you?" He asked, returning once again to his task. He couldn't risk one of his uncles coming in and finding him behind.

"I'll pick you up." Taehyung replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Mm no I'll meet you there." Jungkook smirked. "Now get out before my boss comes back and yells at me for fraternizing with the guests." He said and starting pushing Taehyung towards the exit.

The blonde only resisted for a moment before letting the ravenette shove him out the door. "I'll send you the address." He said before strolling towards his car, just narrowly missing Jin who was headed inside.