Chapter 20

Sometime during the night, Jungkook woke up and realized that he had fallen asleep on Taehyung who hadn't had the heart to move him.

He slowly slid off, standing as quietly as he could without audibly wincing to go and clean himself up in the bathroom. He grabbed a towel and cleaned off the blonde, hoping he wouldn't wake up.

He must have been deep in sleep, because Taehyung didn't stir even a little until Jungkook climbed back in bed next to him. Jungkook lay on his side facing the blonde and admired the shapes the moonlight crafted on his face.

Taehyung suddenly tugged Jungkook flush against him, startling the younger who'd been sure he was asleep.

"You're staring again." He mumbled, eyes never once opening.

"I can't help it." Jungkook smiled, laying his head against Taehyung's chest. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was until you got up." Taehyung stroked Jungkook's back and kissed him on the forehead. "Go back to sleep baby."

It didn't take long for the younger to be lulled back to sleep, Taehyung's heartbeat echoing in his ears and the strokes on his back slowing until they stopped entirely.

———————————————————————————

This time, Taehyung was the first to wake as sunlight started to stream through Jungkook's window. He smiled at the boy in his arms, wondering how he'd gotten this lucky.

He wanted Jungkook to sleep longer since he'd probably be sore. Slowly removing his arms from around the ravenette, he slipped out of bed and headed to the bathroom for a much needed shower.

Taehyung emerged from the shower smelling like Jungkook after using his body wash, and he peeked into the bedroom to make sure the younger was still asleep.

Jungkook had bundled himself in the comforter, and just a tuft of fluffy black hair was visible above the covers.

Taehyung debated what to do for breakfast. He wanted something ready for Jungkook when he woke up, but the younger was definitely the superior chef between the two of them. He hoped Jungkook would stay asleep long enough for him to run out and grab some coffee and food.

Jungkook woke up a little while after Taehyung left, and he looked around in confusion when he didn't see the blonde laying next to him.

"Tae?" Jungkook called out, wondering if he was just in the bathroom but he received no response. He frowned, checking his phone for the time.

He wouldn't have just left, right?

He was a little disappointed not to have woken up in Taehyung's arms again.

What if he just wanted to sleep with me and now he's left?

Jungkook's heart dropped at the thought. But no that wouldn't make sense, Taehyung had called him his boyfriend yesterday. But he wasn't here...

Jungkook sat against the headboard and brought his knees to his chest, suddenly feeling sad.

Just then, he heard the sound of a key and his door opened. Taehyung poked his head through the bedroom door and saw that Jungkook was sitting up.

"Oh good you're awake! I wanted to get you muffins before you woke up but I didn't know what kind you liked so I just got them all I hope-"

Jungkook leapt out of the bed and ran to Taehyung, almost throwing himself against the blonde and hugging him. Taehyung dropped the bags he was holding to catch him, confused but happy that the younger was so excited to see him.