Chapter 23

"Not again not again please Jungkook come back. Please I need you." Sobs wracked through his body and Yoongi could only watch, unwilling to leave his side.

The blonde looked up at Yoongi suddenly, his eyes  red and set with determination.

"Taehyung-"

"I have to." Taehyung said hoarsely. "I can't live without him Yoongi I can't."

"I'm sorry Jungkook." He stroked the younger's hair, trying not to grimace at the brutal bite mark on Jungkook's neck. He turned the ravenette's head as gently as he could to the unmarked side before sinking his teeth in.

The blood was still warm, and he prayed to anyone who would listen that it wasn't too late. He let his fangs sink deeper than usual, feeling the venom mix with Jungkook's blood.

He licked over the holes to seal them, and then pulled away. He had taken the coward's way out and he knew it. Cheating death had a price and it was steep. The lifestyle of a vampire could be brutal, and who knows if Jungkook will forgive him for forcing it upon him as well.

He held Jungkook's hand, trying to ignore how cold it felt in his own, but remembering that if it worked this would be the norm. He didn't care though, as long as he got Jungkook back.

Jungkook had brought him out of a dark place. A place where he'd been unwilling to love or let anyone love him after Hyungsik's betrayal. But he'd come to love Jungkook more than he'd loved anyone in his whole life. And he was unwilling to go on without him.

He cradled Jungkook's head in his lap, staring at the lifeless expression on his face and wishing that he could see those big brown eyes again.

"Tae-"

"Don't say it." Taehyung snapped. "It wasn't too late. It can't be."

Yoongi sighed, and took a seat on the hardwood floor next to Taehyung. It usually didn't take this long and he knew that.

"Jungkook please." Taehyung whispered, leaning down to press his forehead against Jungkook's. His back shook with sobs, but he would not accept defeat yet.

He pulled Jungkook upright more, holding the younger around his waist so that their faces were level. He let Jungkook's head rest in the crook of his shoulder where he liked to lay.

"I love him Yoongi." He said into the empty room. His voice almost echoing.

"I know." The older nodded solemnly.

"Am I dead?" A small voice suddenly spoke. "Are you an angel?"

Taehyung looked down in alarm to see Jungkook's brown eyes open again, staring up at him.

"You look like my boyfriend and I think he secretly might be an angel." Jungkook whispered.

"Jungkook, Jungkookie it's me." Taehyung whispered desperately.

The ravenette turned his head to meet Taehyung's gaze, and he slowly raised a hand to trace over the mole underneath the older's eye.

"It is you then." He smiled faintly before turning his face towards Taehyung's neck and curling his body inward.

The blonde was crying again, his hand on the back of Jungkook's head as he freely let the tears fall.

"I'm going to let you two have some privacy." Yoongi said, soon leaving them alone in the room.

"Tae I feel weird." Jungkook mumbled against Taehyung's neck. "I thought I was going to die." Taehyung could feel the tears against his skin where Jungkook had begun crying.