Chapter 21

"Taehyung what is it?" Jimin asked, alarmed by the way the blonde was now staring at his phone.

Taehyung silently handed it over, watching as Jimin's facial expression morphed to match his own.

An unknown number had sent an attachment, a picture Taehyung would never be able to wipe clean from his memory.

It was clearly Jungkook, but he seemed unconscious and was obviously hurt as there was a trail of dried blood around his face. His head lolled to the side uncomfortably and he appeared to be cuffed the chair he was in.

Below the picture was a message that read: If you want him come get him

Taehyung was all but shaking with rage and he snatched the phone back, staring at it with more loathing than Jimin had ever seen on his face.

"Tae who-"

"Mingyu. I know it's him. He's approached Jungkook once already I had to save him the last time. He's using Jungkook to get at me."

"So it's a trap?"

"Obviously it's a trap. Now get in the car." Taehyung said shortly, ready to just leave Jimin there in the parking lot.

He glanced at the picture one more time when he thought Jimin wasn't looking.

"We're coming my love." He whispered, anger gone for a split second before it returned in spades and he quickly reversed out of the parking lot.

——————————————————————————-

"Is he awake yet?" Mingyu asked, looking bored as he swirled a glass of amber colored liquid.

"No, Jeonghan hit him pretty good." Jun chuckled. "He'll be fine though, head wounds just bleed a lot."

Mingyu let out a snort of derision. "As if I care. He's just here to make sure Taehyung shows up. After that, I have no further use for him. Mark him and keep him here for all I care."

"I almost feel bad. He's innocent." Jun said, staring in front of him at the glass bottles that lines shelves behind the bar.

"But his boyfriend isn't. So I don't care how innocent he is. Taehyung will pay for banishing me."

"Didn't you two date at one time?" Jun mused.

"No, god no. I was involved with his ex boyfriend. Until Taehyung betrayed me so I killed him." He smirked. "I don't know why he was so mad, the man was cheating on him the whole time."

Jun looked away as if he found the whole thing unsavory business.

"Whatever the case, you'd better pay me extra for this. It's messy." Jun put down his glass on the end table situated next to him and stood, brushing the creases out of his pants.

"I'll go check on our guest."

He made his way down a dark hallway, the red wallpaper peeling and revealing the drywall behind it. It was an unpleasant sort of place, and he could understand why Mingyu resented having been sent there.

He reached a tall wooden door that creaked as it opened, and he peeked inside to see the ravenette was still unconscious. He was cuffed to a tall armchair, the blood on his head matching the red of the upholstery.

Jun was just about to leave again when he heard a soft groan. Jungkook moved his head slightly, tilting his gaze upward as much as he could.

"My head..." He mumbled, blinking his eyes open as he tried to make sense of where he was.

His eyes darted about the room before resting on Jun, and he seemed confused for a moment before the memories of the evening returned.

"You." He looked as if he wanted to stand, but he was kept in place by the chains that held him to the chair. He shook his arms, the sound of chains rattling echoing in the barren room.