chapter 18

Jungkook was happily spreading flour on the dark surface of his workspace in the kitchen, getting ready to roll out the dough for a new cookie recipe he was trying out. It was getting towards the end of his shift and he'd completed most of his required tasks. He was relieved that Jin had allowed him to go back to back of house duties as was his preference.

He hummed to himself, smiling as he thought back to his escapades with Taehyung the night before. He'd enjoyed spending time with him and their friends, not to mention what happened after.

Jungkook had mixed feelings about the affair in the alley. On the one hand, it was still hard to believe that the man he liked was a vampire and he had simply accepted this. Not only accepted it, but let Taehyung feed from him. But those feelings had been overridden by his desire to fulfill Taehyung's needs. He didn't want the blonde doing that with someone else, especially after knowing that it was not as unpleasant an experience as he may have imagined....

"Jungkook?" Jin popped his head through the doorway, shaking the ravenette out of his head.

"Hm?"

"There's a customer who's asking for you." Jin said, ducking back out as quickly as he'd come in.

Jungkook frowned. Why would a customer want to see him? He's just the baker.

Unless it's Taehyung. He thought, leaving his rolling pin on the table.

When he emerged into the dining room, it was not Taehyung but a different blonde man waiting at the counter. The tall man from a few days ago.

"Hey, Jun right?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you remembered." He laughed.

Jungkook shrugged, "I'm good with names I guess. Can I help you with something?" He was eager to get back to his baking and thinking time.

"Um, not exactly." The man looked as if he was blushing slightly, and suddenly became rather bashful.

"I just wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to hang out some time? You know considering we're both sort of new around here." Jun scratched the back of his neck, avoiding direct eye contact.

"Oh." Jungkook didn't quite know what to say. Jun seemed perfectly nice, and he was admittedly good looking. But if this was the blonde's way of asking him out he was going to be disappointed.

"That's really sweet, but I'm actually seeing somebody." Jungkook hoped that was true. He and Taehyung hadn't made anything official but he couldn't imagine the older would be happy with him going out with another man. In fact "not happy" would probably be the understatement of the year.

"Oh! Sorry I didn't mean to overstep or anything I just meant, as friends. I don't know that many people here yet and I just thought maybe we could grab coffee. Even here if that would be more comfortable for you."

Jungkook tilted his head in thought. A friendly coffee wouldn't be so bad. He could use more friends in town and it was nice of Jun to ask him specifically.

"Sure." He smiled. "I get off in 20 minutes."

"I can wait." Jun said, and headed to one of the comfy chairs in the corner while Jungkook headed back to the kitchen to finish his shift.

Does this fall under the realm of things I need to tell Taehyung about? Jungkook wondered. It wasn't a date, but he didn't know how the blonde would react considering his behavior the last time Jungkook had spoken to Jun at work. He could tell him after.

Once he finished up, he discarded his apron and headed back to find Jun sitting in the cafe.

"Done for the day?" The blonde asked.

"Yup! Do you want a coffee?"

Jun nodded, and followed Jungkook to the counter where Jin took their orders.

Jin watched suspiciously as they returned to a couple of chairs by the window. Wasn't Jungkook seeing that other guy? Nonetheless, he brought them their orders, noting the name on the blonde's cup to report to Namjoon later.

"So, what made you move here?" Jun asked, taking a sip of his hot coffee.

"Work mostly! I finished up culinary school and needed a job. My uncles own this place." Jungkook nodded his head in Jin's direction. "What about you?"

"An old friend of mine lives here." Jun said without further elaboration. "Do you live close by?"

"Sort of, couple miles down the road at that new apartment complex."

"Must be nice! My place is a dump." Jun joked. "It's super old."

Jungkook nodded. He was trying to listen but in the back of his head he was worrying about Taehyung. He wouldn't be mad right?

"Is that your motorcycle out front?" The blonde asked.

"Yes!" Jungkook's eyes lit up, this was a conversation he could pay attention to. "Do you ride too?"

"Yes actually, just got my license a few months ago when I moved here."

"That's awesome. I don't think my friends like that I have one, they're worried about me crashing I guess."

Jungkook became more comfortable learning he had at least one thing in common with Jun, and they had a rather pleasant conversation for about an hour before a slightly bothered looking blonde stepped through the doors.

His eyes scanned all the tables and booths until they landed on Jungkook whose eyes widened in recognition.

Taehyung's eyes almost looked relieved before he noticed the other man sitting next to Jungkook. He stalked towards the two, his almond eyes narrowed in an intimidating stare.

"Hey." Jungkook held out his hand which Taehyung immediately took once he reached them.

"Jun this is-"

"Kim Taehyung. I'm Jungkook's boyfriend." He smirked, offering his hand for Jun to shake.

Jungkook was not expecting to hear the word boyfriend come out of Taehyung's mouth but he figured now was not the time to question it.

"Pleasure to meet you." Jun smiled pleasantly and shook Taehyung's hand.

"Sorry to interrupt but we have a date, he's so forgetful." Taehyung gave Jun a fake smile, tugging Jungkook out of his seat before wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Of course, see you around Jungkook."

"Bye!" Jungkook had to shout over his shoulder and Taehyung was already leading them out the doors.

Jungkook couldn't help the laugh that left his lips as soon as they were far enough away from the cafe.

"And what exactly is so funny Jeon?" Taehyung huffed, still holding on to the ravenette.

"You're so cute when you're jealous." Jungkook cooed.

Taehyung scoffed. "Me? Jealous?" He wasn't very convincing with the slight pout on his face.

Jungkook stopped in his tracks, causing Taehyung to turn and face him. He cupped the blonde's face in his hands and kissed him firmly before pulling away.

"Don't be jealous. I told him I was seeing somebody."

"Good. Now let's go back to your place so I can bite you agai-ow!"

Jungkook slapped him on the arm, looking around the street to make sure nobody was in ear shot.

His face was red and he crossed his arms.

"Oh would you like that?" Taehyung smirked, his confidence returning as Jungkook hurriedly continued on his way, trying to look anywhere but at Taehyung which the blonde was having none of.

He grabbed Jungkook's waist and hugged him from behind, stopping the ravenette from speed walking ahead. Leaning down, he bit Jungkook's earlobe slightly and felt his body shiver.

Jungkook was cursing himself on the inside, knowing that he was getting horny on the street and Taehyung was very aware. He leaned his head back on Taehyung's shoulder, turning his neck until he could make eye contact with the older.

"Which is closer, your place or mine?"