Chapter 11

Jimin and Taehyung managed to get Jungkook to Nightshade and into Taehyung's apartment. The blonde got him blankets and made him sit on the couch while he made a calming tea.

Jimin sat with his friend and held his hand, knowing that Jungkook was scared and confused.

Taehyung sat a steaming mug of chamomile tea in front of Jungkook and took a seat across from him.

"You two have some explaining to do."

It seemed that Jungkook was getting over his shock and feeling more angry.

"What happened to that woman!"

Jimin looked at Taehyung, and nodded his head.

Taehyung sighed. This was it. Jungkook would soon know everything and then he'd want nothing to do with him anymore. Maybe he'd even move away, too afraid to live so close to monsters. Taehyung didn't think he'd be able to bear it.

"She was killed by a vampire." Taehyung stated, seeing no point in beating around the bush any longer.

Jungkook looked at him with a blank expression on his face. "So do you not know, are you making shit up now? Give up the gag." He said, his angry tone returning.

Taehyung shook his head. "I'm not joking Jungkook. She was killed by a vampire. Drained of blood."

Jungkook's eyes darted between Taehyung's looking for any sign of dishonesty. He found none. Only transparency and something akin to desperation.

"Ok let's pretend that's true. What does that have to do with you? Why did you call Jimin? Why are you not telling the god damn authorities!" He demanded.

Jimin and Taehyung shared a glance again.

"Koo," Jimin began, placing a hand on the ravenette's thigh.

"Just answer my question!" Jungkook yelled, starting to shake again and he desperately tried to take in the things he was hearing.

"Jimin and I," Taehyung started, "We're vampires. Hell, a quarter of this town are vampires. Most of the humans just don't know. That's why we didn't call the police, we can't have them finding out about us."

Jungkook was silent. He looked between Taehyung and Jimin, his boba ball eyes as wide as they could be.

"Y-you're lying."

"Jungkook,"

"You're LYING!"

Jimin jumped away slightly at Jungkook's angry outcry.

"Prove it." Jungkook said, voice turning eerily quiet again.

The room was silent as the grave.

"Well?" He demanded.

Jimin shot a furtive glance at Taehyung, silently asking what to do.

Taehyung stood from his seat and got something from the kitchen, returning with a knife in his hold.

Standing in front of Jungkook he took the knife to his hand, putting just enough pressure to draw blood.

He watched the blood trickle down his fingers, and didn't fight his instincts as he normally does. He felt his fangs grow slightly and he knew his eyes would have turned red.

Shaking now himself, he looked up at Jungkook who gasped, covering his mouth as he took in the crimson color of Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung could sense the sharp increase of Jungkook's heartbeat from where he was standing. He felt his own heart clench. Jungkook was scared of him. He never wanted to see that look in the ravenette's eyes directed towards him.