Chapter 1

There's an energy in the air towards the end of august, like the world is waiting with baited breathe. And it exhales when the first leaf starts to fall.

Nowhere is this more palpable than the town of Westhollow. Though you won't find it on any ordinary map, this picturesque village could be a post card for the autumn season.

With it's quaint houses, numerous orchards, and weathered old grave yards, it's a snap shot in time.

But there's a darker side to this faux fairytale locale. Local legend has it that the town of Westhollow is a beacon of supernatural activities.

The residents take this seriously, especially as All Hallows Eve draws nearer and the veil thins between our world and the next. A house without a jack-o-lantern is a rare find.

A new breeze blows through town on this particular day, following a white moving truck which meanders down the main road towards a small apartment complex.

———————————————————————————

Jungkook put his hands on his knees, panting as he tried to catch his breathe. He pushed his hair out of his face, suddenly regretting keeping it so long.

As strong as he was, moving boxes all day was quite a physical feat, and he was hitting a wall.

"Getting tired Jungkook? Need to start hitting the gym with me?" Namjoon joked, sitting on a box across the room.

Jungkook glared at him, and threw the packing tape closest to his reach at the tall male.

"Easy Jeon, I was kidding. I know you could kick my ass boxing. It's definitely time for a break."

Relieved, Jungkook groaned and lay down on the floor. There was no furniture in his apartment to collapse on yet. He was ready to lay on the carpet for a good hour.

Unfortunately for the tired males, the doorbell rang.

"That had better be the takeout I ordered." Jin shouted from the kitchen, running to the door.

"You weren't even helping!" Jungkook scoffed.

"So what, I'm starving!" Jin shouted as he opened the door.

"Ugh, it's just you. Come in I guess." He sighed sadly and retreated back to the kitchen.

"Jungkookieeee." A singsong voice came from the doorway.

"I'm in here!" The ravanette shouted, unwilling to get up from his position on the floor.

"I'm so glad you're finally here!" Jimin shouted, barreling into the room to find his friend.

He and Jungkook had gone to college together, but Jungkook graduated two years later and they hadn't been able to see each other much in between. Once Jungkook had gotten the job offer from his uncles in town, he called Jimin right away to let him know he was coming.

"Now I know you're tired, but I'm taking you out tonight, no complaints!" He said, knowing that Jungkook was about to come up with any excuse not to go.

Jungkook shut his mouth.

"Don't worry Jimin, I'll make sure he leaves the apartment." Namjoon said, kicking Jungkook's leg.

"Great! Then I'll see you in a couple of hours, look sexy!" Jimin shouted behind him as he shut the door.

———————————————————————————

Jungkook looked around him in awe.

The bar he'd found himself in was quite impressive. The interior walls were all a deep shade of emerald, the ceilings were high and grand, held up by columns which extended past the second floor. A balcony overlooked the main level, and Jungkook noted several men leaning against the railings, a drink in one hand.