71. Conniving Measures: Josh Kennedy

Start from the beginning

~

The trio sit on the couch, enjoying their meal as they watch a movie. Naomi sits in the middle of the two, comfortably engrossed in the movie. Midway through, Dalton abruptly gets up from his seat, heading to the kitchen in a rather agitated manner. Naomi wondered about him but remained silent, turning her attention back to the movie, and leaning into Jensen. No sooner had she done so did he begin fidgeting, his breathing becoming heavier by the minute as if she were trying to contain his anger.

"What's the matter?" Naomi asks turning to face him, surprised when she his eyes flickering between their natural state and bright yellow. She presses her hand against his chest, Jensen's clawed hands grabbing her suddenly. Startled she lets out a gasp, Jensen watching her with a frown, squinting at her as if he couldn't see clearly.

"Jensen what's the matter?!" She asks more alarmed now, "Jensen?" The only response she gets is a low growl. Before she could move her hand, he stood up abruptly, rushing away from her and to the wall. Letting out a louder growl, placing a hand on his head as if it hurt.

What the hell is going on?" Naomi asks, voice raised and slightly panicked. "Jensen talk to me! Dalton!"

Naomi rounds the couch, heading upstairs to where her phone is charging. Entering Jensen's room, she tops in her tracks, finding Dalton clutching her bag in his hands, his angry yellow eyes staring back at her. He starts to take slow steps toward her, his expression strained as he approaches.

"Woah, woah, woah! Dalton? " Naomi says with her arms out in front of her as she slowly begins to back up out of the room.

Picking up his pace suddenly, Dalton closes the gap, Naomi letting out a shrieking gasp as she turns to run out the door. Instead of the hallway, she bumps into a hard chest, a yellow-eyed Jensen grabbing her in his arms. As Dalton reaches them, Jensen grabs him by his shirt, pulling him out of the room and shoving Naomi inside as he does so. Slamming the door behind her as she stumbled into the room.

Catching herself quickly, she heads back to the door, locking it as sounds of fighting and growling reach her ears.

"What the hell!" She gasps to herself, her heart beating fast in her chest. Grabbing her phone off the nightstand she lets out a frightened gasp as a body collides with the door, the sounds of the scuffle still reaching her. With her phone in hand, she heads to Jensen's en-suite bathroom, locking herself in. Pacing the floor.

Looking at her phone, she wonders what to do. She had no idea what was going on and if she truly was in danger. Jensen did throw her into the room, effectively separating her from them. He was still able to protect her despite whatever was happening. Minutes go by and though she couldn't hear much noise, she doubted it was over.

Naomi begins going through the events of the night as her finger hovers over Avery's contact. "Okay, think, think," She says out loud to herself as she paced the bathroom. "The gym was fine, cooking was fine, the movie was fine..." She says going through everything in her mind. "The movie was when it started...it started with Dalton. But Dalton let first...he was acting crazy first, then Jensen. What am I missing, what am I not seeing?! ...Okay, Dalton leaves, whatever affecting him starts affecting Jensen... Dalton was up here...MY BAG! My bag?" Naomi voices, questioning her epiphany.

Unlocking the door, she peers through a tiny space, making sure the room's door is still locked. She looks around at the space, looking for her bag - spotting it near the bed where Dalton had apparently dropped it. Heading to it, she yanks the zip open, shuffling through her clothes to find anything that would explain what was happening.

"What could it be!" She exclaims in frustration, finding nothing out of the sort in her bag. Giving up, she zips it shut, sitting cross-legged on the floor beside it. Picking up her phone, she thinks about calling Avery, at the very least, their solution would be for Sean to come get her. There was nothing else either could do, especially considering she had no clue as to what's was going on.
But there was the risk of Sean having to fight Jensen and Dalton by himself, a situation she did not want to put him in.