XXXII

Kim's POV

"Oh hey, thanks," I responded to Kanye's greeting.

"Glad you could make it, brother," Y/n replied.

"You know I can't turn you down but lemme talk to you real quick," he said, leading Y/n away with him.

So- they're still friends.

"Isn't it weird that Y/n and Kanye are so close? I mean, Scott and Travis can barely breathe the same air," Khloé remarked.

"Very funny," Kourtney retorted.

"What? It's true. Travis didn't even come to Mason's Bar Mitzvah," Khloé pointed out.

"It was family only," Kourtney defended.

"Y/n was there," I added.

"That's different," Kourtney insisted.

"But back to your ex and new man being all buddy-buddy in their corner over there," Khloé said, turning back to me but her eyes on Y/n and Kanye, who were standing together, laughing and smiling at each other.

"I trust Y/n to make good decisions, he's promised to not let Kanye influence him."

I haven't gotten used to the relationship they share just yet. I still can't shake the feeling of Kanye doing something to jeopardize everything.

"But enough of that, it's your birthday party. Come on, let's get you a drink," Khloé said, pulling me towards the bar.

......

"Excuse me, everyone, can I have your attention, please? I just wanted to say something before Kris does, and we all know how that goes," Y/n spoke into the mic, prompting laughter from the crowd.

Kris interjected, "I'm gonna get you for that, Y/n," and chuckled.

"Okay, so today we're here to celebrate Kim, the mother to four beautiful children, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, and my favorite one of all, my fiancée and soon-to-be wife," Y/n continued. A blush covered my face as everyone cheered and whistled.

"I'm not gonna take too much time but I have one more special gift for you," Y/n announced, capturing everyone's attention.

"I hope you enjoy this; it took us a while to put this together," Y/n added as the lights in the room shut off, and a projector came on.

......

"Oh my God," I exclaimed, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill—I did not expect that.

Familiar arms wrapped around me from behind.

"Happy tears?" Y/n asked.

"I love you guys so much," I replied, turning around to pull him into a hug, soon joined by the kids.

North claimed, "It was my idea."

Saint retorted, "No, it wasn't—it was mine."

"Now stop capping, y'all—y'all know it was mine," Y/n interjected. They started bickering, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay, how about we agree to disagree," I suggested.

"Ah ah, you're a lawyer, serve some justice up in this—"

"You better not finish that sentence, Carter," a familiar voice warned.

"Sorry, mama," Y/n said, turning to his mom, who looked over at me with a smile.

"Happy Birthday, Kim, and congratulations. I'm about to be your mother-in-law, ain't that crazy," Beyoncé remarked.

"Tell me about it," Jay-Z added, looking over at Y/n and dapping him up. "I'm proud of you, son."