VIII

Y/n's POV

I found myself in my dad's office, accompanied by him and Matt. Matt was giving my dad a rundown of the progress he had made in advancing my career over the past week.

My dad turned to me and asked, "Y/n, what are your thoughts on Matt?"

I thought for a moment before responding, "I really vibe with Matt. He's incredibly talented and has been doing a great job as my manager. We've been getting along well, and I would love for him to continue in that role."

My dad smiled and said, "I'm glad to hear that because I've been impressed with his work too. From now on, you two are a permanent team. Matt, congratulations, you've got the job."

Matt nodded gratefully and replied, "Thank you, Mr. Carter."

My dad waved off his thanks, saying, "No need to worry about it. Now, Y/n, I want you in the studio as soon as possible."

I nodded in understanding, replying confidently, "Consider it done."

....

Matt and I decided to grab some breakfast together since I had skipped it earlier. As we sat down, I felt the need to share something important with him, considering he was not just my manager but also my friend.

"Okay, Matt, I want you to know everything since you're my manager and my friend," I began. "I'm currently in the midst of seeing someone."

Matt replied with a hint of indifference, "Y/n, I couldn't care less about what happens with your love life. That's all on you. I'm sure you can handle yourself, especially considering your parents are one of the greatest couples in the industry."

I sighed, hoping to explain myself better. "Listen, man, I'm sure you're familiar with the Kardashians."

"Yeah," Matt responded casually, "you dating one of them?"

"Not yet, but soon enough," I confessed.

There was a brief pause as Matt looked at me before releasing a chuckle. "I knew Kim and Kanye wouldn't last. Kanye has been on some crazy shii, but that's cool, man. I'm happy for you."

Feeling a mixture of excitement and concern, I voiced my worry, "Isn't that like bad for my career or something? What kind of manager are you-"

"I'm the observant kind of manager," Matt interrupted. "If you two aren't dating yet, then I'm guessing you're waiting for a divorce to be finalized, am I right?"

"Yeah," I confirmed.

"Good. If you were to date after the divorce has been finalized, that's fine, but I'd suggest waiting for a week before you announce anything," Matt advised.

I nodded, understanding his point. "That makes sense."

Matt continued, his tone reassuring, "Oh, and Y/n, I want you to know that I'm not going to use your love life or personal life to get you famous. I'm not a dick."

As we were sitting in the restaurant, simply enjoying our meal and discussing business. Matt started talking about a job he got for me.

"So Drake has an upcoming album," Matt began, "and he wants you to produce it. He keeps referring to it as CLB. It's set to release next year, and he's looking for something different. He believes you can deliver that for him."

"You hooked me up with Drake? Hell yeah, man!" I exclaimed. "When are we meeting?"

"Tomorrow, 7 p.m.," Matt replied.

"Definitely, man. I wouldn't miss this opportunity. A whole Drake album? Damn."

Matt was definitely a good manager. We were both gonna advance our careers together.