The Salon

Honey Roberts - 20

Honey Roberts - 20

"Hi can I schedule an appointment with Dr. Jonah" I call up my doctors office.

I needa get a check up but I needa get a pregnancy test too, so might as well do it there.

I haven't had to take a damn test in three years cuz I make everyone strap up and actually pull out,
but motherfuckin Julius! This bitch just can't put that shit on then wanna go damn near 10 rounds back to back.

My nigga I am not Jhené Aiko, and I did not last ten rounds like G.

"Yes, we have an opening this afternoon or we have a few open on Friday the eighth" the reception lady says over the phone.

"What time is this afternoons at?" I look at the time.

"Four o'clock" she answers.

"Okay I'll do today" I say and hear her typing.

"Alright, name?" She asks.

"Honey Roberts" I say and she starts typing again.

"Okay, we'll see you this afternoon Ms. Roberts" she says.

"Thank you" I hang up and sigh before walking into the salon.

"Hey Honey!" Marissa Waves at me.

"Hey cutie" I smile waving back.

"How was you're lil vacation" Laniya asks sitting in her chair and I pause thinking.

Oh right I used my vacation hours.

"It was good I know you saw me and my besties was all over that beach" I laugh.

"Yeah y'all was lookin hella cute" London adds on hyping me up.

"Thank you sis" I smile getting my station set up.

"How many appointments you got" Laniya asks.

"I got like five but two of em are just retwists which ain gone take me that long, and three wig installs which also ain gon take long" I sit in my chair after I finish setting it up.

"Lucky, I got two braid appointments" Marissa crosses her arms

"Damn yo fingers finna be Hurtin" London laughs.

_____

"Aye uh I gotta appointment" I hear a familiar voice but it didn't sound like anyone I talked too on the phone.

"Okay with Who?" Amber (the receptionist) asks typing.

I listen to see if ima hear my name while finishing up styling this girls wig.

"Honey" he says and I hear her typing more.

"She's in an appointment right now so, She'll come out to get you when she's ready" Amber tells him before I hear footsteps, then the sound of him plopping down on the couch just like every other client.

"Okay boo, you all done" I spin her around to see herself in the mirror.

"It's so cute! You snapped Honey girl" she looks all up in the mirror touching her hair.

"I try, specially for my favorite client" I smile as she smiles back before handing me a hundred.

"Aww thank you" I smile after pouting for a second.

"Always" she gets up and hugs me before leaving.

I clean up my area before checking my phone and also making sure I still look good.

"Okay, I'm ready for ya" I walk out to the waiting area while stuffing the $100 in my bra.

"Igh" He says standing up while I fill out my portion of the check-in sheet on the front desk.

"You can have a seat" I say putting the board down and following him to my area.

"Damn MJ!? I knew you sounded familiar, why yo voice sound different" I cross my arms looking at him through the mirror.

"I just went to a party the other day and I lost my voice a lil bit, but it's comin back" He says and I nod.

"Makes sense" I shrug and start looking in his head.

"How you been Ma" He says and I shrug.

"I been ok, keepin up wit friend group drama n shi" I shake my head grabbing the products I need.

"How you feelin about JJ bein back" He watches me.

"He could go back for all I care to be honest" i roll my eyes.

"Damn it's like that fr?" He asks as I part his hair into sections.

"Yeah honestly. He tryna make my life messier than it already is, again. I'm not doin it" I shake my head, doing his hair.

"Awe, okay den" he nods watching me do his hair through the mirror while I zone out on his lips.

"You should do my hair like yours, it look good" MJ says snapping me out of it making me laugh a lil.

"Thank you" I smile.

"You welcome ma" he licks his lips making me shake my head before my phone starts ringing.

"sorry, hold on" I wipe my hand on my apron and pull my phone out my jeans pocket before answering and holding it to my ear with my shoulder while continuing to twist his hair.

"What? Wait, slow down I can't understand J" I say hearing him practically hyperventilating in my ear.

"What, okay I'm on my way just hold on, okay" I say hanging up.

"I'm sorry MJ, but you can come by my house later today okay" I nod at him and he nods back as I grab my stop quickly, run to clock out as fast as possible then Run to my car.