Still Together

Mimi Cole-20

Mimi Cole-20

I sit on the bed behind Davo watching him play 2k when the doorbell go off.

"I got it" I say quietly standing up.

"Ight" he says keeping his attention on the screen.

I walk down the hall and open the door.

"Hi JJ" I gasp seeing him.

"Hey Meem" he smiles and I hug him.

"You look good fresh out" I pull away seeing him smile.

"You hungry? I have some breakfast still in the kitchen" I ask and he shrugs.

"I guess since you the third person to offer me breakfast I'll finally eat" he sighs walking in and I laugh.

"That's just cuz I'm the best cook" I smile walking to the kitchen making him a plate.

"You right you right" he laughs.

"Who all you visit so far?" I ask sitting the plate in front of him and putting a fork on it.

"Today I saw Jada and Honey but I saw some of the guys yesterday" he explains and I nod sitting by him.

"How's Jada? is she alright?" I ask because she didn't call me how she said she would.

"Yeah she was okay, same ole" he eats and I nod in relief.

"How was ya visit with Honey?" I smile at him.

"Yeah ion wanna talk abt ha, how you been" he looks at me.

"I been ight, me and Davo anniversary coming up" I smile and he smiles back nodding.

"Y'all still together, huh?" He says and I nod looking down.

"He still how he used to be?" He asks and I shrug.

"He changed a lil" I say and he nods look over at the hall.

"He still hit you?" He asks looking down my body.

"He never hit me" I shake my head.

"Quit lyin. Do he still hit you Milani" he looks me in the eyes.

"Only when he on sumn, it's not as bad as it used to be" I shake my head holding eye contact with him.

"No matter what it's bad Mimi. He's on shit now and that's worse, Mimi youn let him sit up hittin you" he says making me get mad inside.

"Don't tell me that shit when Dante be hittin yo sister" I furrow my eyebrows and stand up to walk off but he grabs my arm.

"Fuck you just say" he says lookin angry.

"Let me go" I look at his hand.

"Is Dante beatin on Jada!?" He asks getting loud.

"You not gon sit up here and tell me about my relationship when the person you should be talking to is your sister. Now let me go" I yank my arm and he lets go.

"Tell me you playin Milani" he stands up.

"I- I didn't even mean to say that you just made me mad" I try to lower my voice.

"I'm gon kill his bitch ass" he grabs his phone.

"Don't get sent back please JJ" I grab his arm and he just looks at me before yanking away from and leaving.