Momma's House

Dante Jones - 21

Dante Jones - 21

9:36am

"Dante, come eat" my mom yells from the kitchen as I sit on my old bed thinking

That shit with Jada got me, ion even care that I got slid on like that I'm pissed that they did it wit my girl there.

My niggas don't do that shit it's off limits to kill women and children end of story.

I let the gang know and they gettin on it but right now Im at my mommas for closure or whatever I think I need, cause right now I just want Jada.

"What's wrong witchu" my mom sits at the table with me as I sit down

"Nun ma" I shrug eating

"Boy talk to me, don't act like you ain here for a reason"

"Me n Jada got slid on, ion even know by who I just knew I had to protect her. I took her to pops old shop and tried to help her, they shot her in her stomach and got her leg" I reminisce about the similarities of that situation and the one with my dad a few years back.

"You havin them dreams again?" She asks

"Ma Ian say nun bout dreams" I get a lil annoyed

"Watch yaself, got yo daddy temper still. You still be hittin dat girl n Runnin her life? She still say how high when you say jump?" My momma start asking shit with a slight chuckle.

"Ma! That's not why I'm talking to you" I yell irritated.

"Ight, my bad. What's wrong then" she sits back in her chair sipping her coffee to cover the smirk on her face.

"Ion know" I shake my head shrugging

"You still want her right? Why you not with her at the hospital, that's where you came from" she points out and I sigh

"You know ion like fuckin hospitals" I finish my food and sit back.

"Yea but Jada in there, so what's the problem" she says and I shrug

"Ight boy" she sighs getting up and going to the closet pulling out her box.

"Get up, we goin out back" she pulls a L and a lighter out her box.

"Ight" I get up sighing and following her out back.

"Now talk to me nigga" she passes to me after taking a hit.

"Ion got nun to talk about, ion know what to do and ion know how I feel ma, damn" I take a big ass pull out of anger.

"Ima give you a minute to lose yo anger" she shakes her head looking out at the yard while I sit there smoking and doing the same.

"Here" I pass to her and sit in my high for a minute while she smokes.

If I lost Jada it would've been my fault, again. A mature nigga would let her go for her safety, but I'm not a mature nigga

It's some people you just can't live without...

"You think it was my fault that dad died how he did" I ask making my mom sigh.

"Ion think it was your fault boy, I wouldn't blame my baby for something like that. I think yo daddy would protect his lineage before he would protect himself" my momma says and I nod.

"But if I wasn't there he woulda been able to save himself instead of flying infront of me as a shield, ma" I say getting frustrated at the memory.

"Dante. It wasn't your fault, it was them aggy ass niggas gettin they lick back at the wrong time"

"It's street rules not to shoot wit kids there, they don't get how shit works. Well didn't" my momma grabs my attention before sitting back and hittin the L to hide her smirk.

"You got yo lick back?" I smirk back at her and she just looks at me and looks away, telling me everything I need to know.

"Ian gon leave her to save her, ima just have to protect her" I think outloud and my mom nods.

"You know. You just like yo daddy" she slightly smiles to herself, passing to me.

"In our story I'm J" she says quietly looking off like she reminiscing.

I nod to myself as what she said started making more sense.

"You hear that?" My mom sits up before I hear a loud knock at the front door.

"Who the fuck here?" I whisper and she shakes her head as I put the blunt down and get my gun ready.

"Police!" We hear making us jump.

"What the fuck!?" My mom starts freaking out quietly.

"Omg" she stands up taking a deep breath.

"Put that shit away" she waves her hand at me before we hear the gate making noise.

"Hello, are you Dante Jones" the officers walk up to us and I look at my momma confused before nodding at them.

"We have a warrant for your arrest, remain cooperative, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law" One of the officers grabs me putting my hands behind my back.

"Wait! Let me hug him first please" my mom says with tears running down her face and the other officer looks at the one with holding my arms and nods letting my momma hug me.

She subtly moves my gun to her waistband and kisses my cheek.

"Love you ima come see you"

Was the last thing I heard before being led to the back of a police car