Jump

"We'll see." Stacy met his smile with her own. David thought it was the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.

"Here." David pulled out his phone and opened up a new text, then handed it to Stacy. "Give me your number."

Stacy typed on his phone before handing it back. As the contact, she wrote "Stacy (The Barista Who Called Me Duncan)" and texted herself "Hey, Beautiful" with a winky face emoji. A smirk played on his lips at Stacy's actions. She was wonderfully witty and playful, and while he saw that when she worked, he began to imagine what the banter could lead to when she wasn't on the clock. He craved to learn more about her.

"Well, I gotta get to class." She took a step back and lifted a hand as if to wave goodbye. "Text me."

"I already did." He wiggled his phone at her, and she laughed.

"Actually text me," she quipped. "What I typed doesn't count."

"I will." He waved as she walked away.

David watched as she walked to her car. The sway of her hips and the confident stride heightened his attraction, feeding the thrill of successfully asking her out. He felt a sense of triumph mixed with anticipation.

The only thing between him and a successful date with Stacy was Hellen and the lingering disappointment of work. He found himself too aroused to return to work and too impatient to sit at a desk. He adjusted his pants, attempting to conceal a growing problem, before returning to the office to collect his things.

"You alright?" Chuck asked David as he grabbed his phone and slid it into his pocket.

"I'm feeling a little under the weather. I think it's best I go home." David coughed as he had in the conference room, playing the part of a sick employee.

"What do you think of the news?" Chuck probed. David wondered if Chuck didn't believe him. He'd much rather Chuck believe he's upset than know the truth about his aching desires.

"I think you deserve a break, Chuck. I'm happy for you." David grabbed his bag, threw it over his back, and began walking down the hall.

"Is that it? Are you surprised? Mad? Why are you leaving?" Chuck continued to question David.

"I truly don't feel well." David shook his head, not stopping his forward motion.

"I think you'll like Hellen," he offered, still following after David.

"I'm sure I will."

Hellen had a magnetic hold on David that he couldn't escape—a pull that entangled with the carnal feelings for Stacy. Hellen's delicate body, so easily broken, exuded a dominance that was quick to destroy his world in a matter of seconds. He wished he could destroy her world just as quickly.