CHAPTER 15

Evelyn's POV

The bustling mall lights glittered around us as Mia, my best friend and beacon of extravagance, insisted on showering me with the latest fashion. Despite my initial protests, Mia's enthusiasm knew no bounds.

I arrived at the mall with Alexandreo, where Mia and Romanio were waiting for us. The car ride was silent. I didn't try to start a conversation, and neither did he. I am still not ready for the trip planned by Alexandro. I don't want to be with him; he is dangerous, and I don't believe when he said he loves me. Does he really love me? No, what am I thinking? It hasn't even been a month since we met; how can he be in love with me? And what if this is all his plan to take me on that trip and kill me? If he pretends it to be an accident, no one will ever know the truth. I don't trust him at all. Also, he is so bipolar. Sometimes he acts like an obsessed psycho lover, and other times like a sweet boyfriend.

"Eve, you can't go on wearing those outdated clothes. Let me buy you something fabulous!" Mia exclaimed, her eyes dancing with excitement as we navigated through the labyrinth of stores.

I hesitated, glancing at the price tags that seemed more like fantasy figures to me. "Mia, really, it's sweet of you, but I can't let you spend so much on me."

Mia brushed off my concerns with a wave of her hand. "Nonsense! Friends take care of each other. Besides, you deserve to feel like a queen, too."

Just as I was about to insist on paying for my own modest choices,  Alexandro stepped in and suggested, "Why don't you go and complete your shopping with Romanio, Mia? I'll lend a hand to Evelyn with her  shopping. We'll meet you guys in the food court after 2 hours.". Mia's eyes lit up with the suggestion. Mia, turning her gaze toward me, questioned, "Evelyn, are you okay with this?" The weight of the unspoken consequences for challenging Alexandro hung in the air; I didn't even need to glance at him to comprehend my response. "Yes, you go with Romanio, no problem," I replied, masking the unease bubbling beneath the surface.

"Alright, Eve, dont worry, you're in capable hands with Alexandro and  Alexandro, please help her pick out some new clothes. She won't let me spend any money," Mia added with a hint of jest. Alexandro nodded in agreement, his stoic expression softening for a moment. With that, Mia and Romanio embarked on their shopping journey, leaving us to traverse the labyrinth of aisles and navigate the unspoken tension that lingered between us.

As Mia left, Alexandro extended his hand towards me, asking, "Shall we?" Without a word, I nodded and placed my hand in his, sensing an underlying cunning in his demeanor. He guided me to a luxurious mall filled with beautiful and expensive dresses, setting the stage for a series of unexpected events.

A curious shop attendant approached us, inquiring, "What would you like to buy, sir? Can I assist you?" Alexandro's response left me in shock, as he declared, "I would like beautiful dresses for my girlfriend." The shop attendant, taking him at his word, excused herself to bring a selection of dresses for me.

Angry and bewildered, I snapped at him, "I am not your girlfriend! What the hell are you thinking? Mia is my best friend, and you're her older brother. We have a significant age gap. I am not your girlfriend," as I angrily withdrew my hand from his grasp.

"Tesoro, don't forget the warning I gave in your apartment. I have claimed you as mine. If I say you are my girlfriend, then behave," he retorted, anger flashing in his eyes. The shop attendant returned with a myriad of expensive dresses, and Alexandro instructed me to choose from them.

"Alexandro, please listen. I don't know what game you are playing, but I don't have this much money. I can't carry the burden of such a substantial amount on my shoulders. I can't pay you back. These clothes are very expensive. Moreover, I already have clothes for the trip. I don't need new ones," I implored, my eyes filled with pleading sincerity.