CHAPTER 3

Evelyn POV

I didnt know where I was it felt as if I was in a dark room having a single beam of light coming from the little space below the closed glass window. I kept walking further searching for a door. Luckily my hand touched the door knob. I tried to open it but the door was closed from the outside.

"Can someone hear me? Please open the door." I screamed as loud as I can but I got no response. I kept knocking on the door for 5-10 minutes but it felt as if no one was there to listen my plea. I sat on the ground tiredly.

After it felt like an eternity some one opened the door. But instead of happiness I got panicked seeing the 2 muscular men standing their with guns in their hands. Suddenly one of them held my hand and pulled me outside the room. He started pulling me towards another room which was downstairs. I was pleading them to let me go but they didnt response. They took me in a room which was looking like a dungeon to me and they threw me on a ground. I tried to stand up but failed. Suddenly I heard footsteps of someone coming towards me and that person held my chin and made me look into his eyes. His eyes. They were black in color. Color drained through my face as reality hit me. He is the devil. The monster. Who killed that person in the garden. He made me stand holding my chin. I was not able to utter a single word from my mouth.

" How naive of you to think that you can run away from me. You know my secret and now I have no option than to kill you." He said as holding my chin in painful grip.

" Please please let me go. Dont kill me..Please" I begged him but he laughed and the next moment he stabbed me in the stomach with a knife.

" Eve, wake up. Please Open your eyes. Evelyn." May be Angels are here to take me with them.

"Evelyn" I heard someone screaming my name and shook my body and I opened my eyes.

There was so much brightness in front of me as I couldn't see anything for a minute. Slowly I look around the room as my vision got clear. Relief took over me as I saw Mia sitting beside me as I was laying on a bed.

"Thank God you woke up !" Mia said with tears and hugged me.

" I am sorry for the trouble." I said apologetically.

" You are really an idiot. Its all my fault that I got drunk and ditched you and you are the one saying sorry" Mia said.

"I am fine. Dont worry" I said to Mia.

" I got so scared as from last 5 hours you were not opening your eyes. Thanks to Alexandro that he carried you upstairs and called the doctor immediately. What happened to you? You were looking terrified before getting unconscious." Mia said.

Whole scenario of that garden ran in front of my eyes. After hearing his name only I want to hide under the bed or get disappear. What if he knew that I am the one who saw him? How I am going to deal with this situation.

" Eve? Are you even listening to me or not? What happened to you in a party?" Mia asked again. I couldn't tell her that her brother is a murderer. What if she already knew? No, Mia is a sweet girl and she hates violence for sure. I dont think she have any idea of this.

" Ouch!" I rubbed my arm as Mia pinched me.

" Care to explain please, Eve? Mia said annoyingly.

" Sorry. Nothing happened. I was not able to found my way back to the party hall and I got lost. And I got unconscious may be because I skipped my lunch. That is it." I lied.

"Eve, dont lie to me. Your face was pale and it felt as if you saw a ghost in the party." Mia said. I wish I could tell her that it was not a ghost it was a devil. She is my best friend. Its hard to lie to her. But I can not tell her what I saw. I am sure that Alexandro was the man who killed someone in the garden and who referred himself as a mafia boss. But I cant tell her this without being 100% sure.